Best Scrap seen live

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
I have a few

Twist-Ray-Most everyone knows this one. Twist was in his second game back from injury and he had beaten Ken Baumgartner in his first game back. He beat the living **** out of Ray and fractured his orbital bone. This was kind of payback for the Blues because Buffalo had pushed them around big time in their earlier meeting in Buffalo.

Blues vs Detroit Linebrawl in 1992-93-This is the one where Cujo and TIm Cheveldae fought at center ice. it was started during a linebrawl where Kelly Chase fought Jim Cummins and a number of Blues including Bassen and Zombo were trying to control an enraged Bob Probert.

Kimble-Churla 90-91 playoffs-this bout was flat out toe to toe with both heavies landing many blows as for the decision it was close if you ask a Stars fan they will say that Churla won a Blues fan like me will say Kimble. Hell of a scrap either way. Those of you who collect the Don Cherry tapes will remember this one, it made the tape that year.

Sergio Momesso vs Mark Tinordi- I am unclear on the year but this one was an absolute war with both guys throwing many and Tinordi who Played for the Stars at the time landed more and won the scrap.

Darin Kimble vs John Kordic- Rambo was with the Nords at the time and Kimble and him had a Rock em sock em bout.

guitaraholic*

okay I'm out of my element here as I simply do not care for fighting at the NHL level (or any level, it demeans the great game of hockey) but I do recall Scott Stevens and Bob Probert, center ice, at the old Checkerdome in St.Louis, back in the day....

Oh, and I remember the most lopsided fight I've ever seen: A Blues enforcer (can't recall whom, exactly even though it was in 2002 I believe and I can usually reel off rosters from each year from memory... but anyway) got one-punched by, oh, geez, now I can't recall which Kings enforcer it was (told you I was out of my element discussing fights) but it was classic. Comical, but classic. One punch, Blues guy goes down like he was shot. Damn.

Anyway, if I had a dime for all the supposedly "great" hockey fights I had to suffer through in the 70's I'd be a rich man. Alas...

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
guitaraholic said:
Oh, and I remember the most lopsided fight I've ever seen: A Blues enforcer (can't recall whom, exactly even though it was in 2002 I believe and I can usually reel off rosters from each year from memory... but anyway) got one-punched by, oh, geez, now I can't recall which Kings enforcer it was (told you I was out of my element discussing fights) but it was classic. Comical, but classic. One punch, Blues guy goes down like he was shot. Damn.
Grimson vs. Simpson

Probably the most devastating 1 Punch knockout not involving an Enforcer and a Non Enforcer

PigPen

Jun 25, 2003
Detroit
Visit site
c-carp said:
Blues vs Detroit Linebrawl in 1992-93-This is the one where Cujo and TIm Cheveldae fought at center ice. it was started during a linebrawl where Kelly Chase fought Jim Cummins and a number of Blues including Bassen and Zombo were trying to control an enraged Bob Probert.

It started out as 2 but another joined in just as Probert knocked Lowry to the ice with one punch.

Cheveldae got his ass beat by Cujo that game.

You can find the clip of it on hockey-fights.com

Egghammer

Feb 21, 2004
London, ON
The best scrap live I've seen was about late 80's in Windsor, my friends and myself drove up to Windsor to see the Knights play the Spitfires. Denny Purdie was sitting in the penalty box when a fan started bugging him or something, Purdie got just into the stands and started wailing on the guy, the cops were there in no time to break it up and take the guy away.

It was one of those things that you don't see too often

silver_made*

Laus (Florida) catching Berube (Washington) with his guard down for a split second, right-handed uppercut to the bottom of Berube's chin, Craig's head snaps back and down he went.

X8oD

Feb 27, 2002
612 Warf Ave.
c-carp said:
number of Blues including Bassen and Zombo were trying to control an enraged Bob Probert.

LoL

when i see that clip i cant help but to wonder What the blues players were thinking. It was like swatting flies. All of them were trying to take Probert down with punches, piling on, anything. And Probert, probably cranked up on who knows what, was like Neo in the 3rd Matrix Movie fighting off All the clones.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
guitaraholic said:
okay I'm out of my element here as I simply do not care for fighting at the NHL level (or any level, it demeans the great game of hockey) but I do recall Scott Stevens and Bob Probert, center ice, at the old Checkerdome in St.Louis, back in the day....

Anyway, if I had a dime for all the supposedly "great" hockey fights I had to suffer through in the 70's I'd be a rich man. Alas...
If you dont care for the scraps, why post?

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
X8oD said:
LoL

when i see that clip i cant help but to wonder What the blues players were thinking. It was like swatting flies. All of them were trying to take Probert down with punches, piling on, anything. And Probert, probably cranked up on who knows what, was like Neo in the 3rd Matrix Movie fighting off All the clones.
I dont think the poor SOB's had a choice they were out there at the time and had no choice but to try and control Probie.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Egghammer said:
The best scrap live I've seen was about late 80's in Windsor, my friends and myself drove up to Windsor to see the Knights play the Spitfires. Denny Purdie was sitting in the penalty box when a fan started bugging him or something, Purdie got just into the stands and started wailing on the guy, the cops were there in no time to break it up and take the guy away.

It was one of those things that you don't see too often
The best one that I saw (in a clip) between a fan and players was when one time in Quebec City a Nordique fan got onto the ice and attacked the Buffalo bench. A few players held him in there and Rob Ray was just feeding this guy right hands. This fan had to be an absolute moron to try a stunt like that.

Boondock Saint

Mar 6, 2003
I was at the Jovo vs. Deadmarsh fight....

Whenever Jovo fights, he just throws huge wild bombs and finally landed one square on the button and down went Deader....

I recall the Grim Reaper's one-punch of Simpson, and it still sticks out as one of the biggest one punches between two enforcers of all time.

RangsDave

Jun 17, 2004
New York
maybe that big Rangers-Islanders fight last year with the purinton sucker punch, and messier choking blake.
I was right there three rows away

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
c-carp said:
The best one that I saw (in a clip) between a fan and players was when one time in Quebec City a Nordique fan got onto the ice and attacked the Buffalo bench. A few players held him in there and Rob Ray was just feeding this guy right hands. This fan had to be an absolute moron to try a stunt like that.

If I remember properly, wasn't that dude a tad on the naked side?? If so, props for introducing himself in such a bold fashion, but maybe a bit reckless on his part...

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
P.J. Stock's fights against Peat and Low were two of the best fights I've ever seen. Aaron Downey's one punch on Jesse Boulerice was awesome too.

Markov

Apr 16, 2004
Land of ice and snow
Andrei Nazarov (Boston) vs. Bob Probert (Chicago) in Chicago.

That was one of bloodiest fights I've ever seen. Both guys kept whaling on one another. Pure classic.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Markov said:
Andrei Nazarov (Boston) vs. Bob Probert (Chicago) in Chicago.

That was one of bloodiest fights I've ever seen. Both guys kept whaling on one another. Pure classic.
Wasn't Probert the only bloody one after that fight. Sad to see him get pumped by a guy like Nazarov who isn't even that good of fighter.

Cropduster

Aug 22, 2004
California
When Dody Wood played for the Sharks, right off the face off he sucker punched Roman Vopat on the Kings-dropped him like a fly. Iam not even sure the puck had dropped yet

Anyone see the Brashear/Doug Zmolek fight about 6 years ago?-I personally didn't, but I heard that was nasty.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Cropduster said:
When Dody Wood played for the Sharks, right off the face off he sucker punched Roman Vopat on the Kings-dropped him like a fly. Iam not even sure the puck had dropped yet

Anyone see the Brashear/Doug Zmolek fight about 6 years ago?-I personally didn't, but I heard that was nasty.
Wasnt there but you are right it was ugly for Zmolek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->