Best scoreboards in college hockey?

Mathradio

Drive for 25
Oct 11, 2010
consanguinephysics.wordpress.com
Sure, college hockey is not as big a deal as college basketball, or even major junior hockey but there has to be some differences between college hockey scoreboards; some will inevitably be more lavish than others.

That said, I do not think a college hockey arena will have a NHL-caliber scoreboard... yet (unlike some college basketball arenas, where some of the best venues have major-league-caliber scoreboards). Even so, which ones have the best scoreboards?

BergyDGD

Rock Chalk Jayhawk
Jun 25, 2007
City of Champions,MA
Pegula Ice Arena-Penn State has a pretty nice scoreboard in their new arena
piajpg-6817b2a795f9bd15.jpg

Schneider Arena-Providence College (season ticket holder there) has a nice little new scoreboard for a 3,000 seat arena
Schneider+Arena.png

Boston College's Conte Forum has nice video hd video boards on each end of the arena, Conte Forum also serves as the home of Eagles basketball.

Boston University has a solid scoreboard at Agganis Arena.

Pardon my Hockey East bias, I haven't seen games at other facilities outside New England. I just knew Penn State built a top notch new arena.

ean

Nov 27, 2007
Pegula Ice Arena-Penn State has a pretty nice scoreboard in their new arena
piajpg-6817b2a795f9bd15.jpg

Schneider Arena-Providence College (season ticket holder there) has a nice little new scoreboard for a 3,000 seat arena
Schneider+Arena.png

Boston College's Conte Forum has nice video hd video boards on each end of the arena, Conte Forum also serves as the home of Eagles basketball.

Boston University has a solid scoreboard at Agganis Arena.

Pardon my Hockey East bias, I haven't seen games at other facilities outside New England. I just knew Penn State built a top notch new arena.

Those are unreal....does the providence one get hit with a lot of pucks?

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Jesus those are nice

The Whitimore center doesn't even have a jumbotron with replay or anything. Or any video.

There is an LED board behind one of the nets, but it usually just displays players names and occasionally a really corny graphic :laugh:

Seriously apparently UNH spent a fortune designing a new logo (which sucks),

AR-131209355.jpg

yet for some reason it didn't think a jumbotron/scoreboard/ANYTHING with instant replay for its most popular sport would be a good idea… I was at the game today, and I think 3 or 4 of NU's goals had to be reviewed and the fans couldn't see a replay or anything. I've never been at a game that had so many reviews and it got pretty frustrating

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
Jesus those are nice

The Whitimore center doesn't even have a jumbotron with replay or anything. Or any video.

There is an LED board behind one of the nets, but it usually just displays players names and occasionally a really corny graphic :laugh:

Seriously apparently UNH spent a fortune designing a new logo (which sucks),

AR-131209355.jpg

yet for some reason it didn't think a jumbotron/scoreboard/ANYTHING with instant replay for its most popular sport would be a good idea… I was at the game today, and I think 3 or 4 of NU's goals had to be reviewed and the fans couldn't see a replay or anything. I've never been at a game that had so many reviews and it got pretty frustrating

This is terrible. What's wrong with their current logo? I've always like it

edit: Schneider Arena really is beautiful, not as big as some other Hockey East arena's but that makes the atmosphere that much better.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Just about everything in The Ralph is better than a lot of NHL arenas. the parthenon of college hockey.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
This is terrible. What's wrong with their current logo? I've always like it

edit: Schneider Arena really is beautiful, not as big as some other Hockey East arena's but that makes the atmosphere that much better.

Yeah it is horribly ugly, I always liked the wildcat logo

Good news is they are still using the wildcat for sports, this is just an "academic" logo. At least for now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad