Best Predators Free Agent Signing

KurtAngle

Mar 31, 2016
Do you mean some of the best, or The Best?

If the best, I just can't believe it's J.P. Dumont. The guy had a few good years, but not even close in my book.

I'd go with Kariya who signaled the franchise had come of age. Then, as much as I loathed Arnott he was ahead of Dumott.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
Yeah, it HAS to be Kariya... It's really not very close, either. Dumont might make an argument for 3rd or 4th.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Before I saw your posts and read this my thoughts were Kariya, Arnott and Dumont. I was thrilled at the time by all of them and though I lost my love for Arnott by the end of his time here, I still felt they were all good free agent signings. Kariya's skill level, while he was not at his peak, was a huge upgrade for us and positively affected Nashville's reputation in the NHL. Arnott was a force until he started mailing it in, and he was a significant signing...but in no way does he outshine Kariya in my mind. J.P....at first thought I would have put him 3rd, but having read the article I guess he did have a really strong impact over more years than either of the other two and he has continued to make contributions to the organization and Nashville. So hmmm, maybe the author has a point. In my mind, Kariya would still be the "all time best free agent signing", but the one with the most impact actually might be JP simply due to his longevity with the team and Nashville.

Still, Kariya is the first name that comes to my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad