Best pound per pound fighter in the nhl

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Best pound for pound was Stan Jonathan. I still remember him betting Pierre Bouchard in the 70's
. I was just a kid but Jonathan gave up at least 6 in. Never backed down from anyone.
Edit-Gary Howatt NYI was right up there

Last edited:

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
Probably Tie Domi

Also if I recall correctly, Gordie Howe was a great fighter as well

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Best pound for pound was Stan Jonathan. I still remember him betting Pierre Bouchard in the 70's
. I was just a kid but Jonathan gave up at least 6 in. Never backed down from anyone.
Edit-Gary Howatt NYI was right up there

Gary Howatt, Stan Jonathan, Danny Gare, Gary Rissling......

All dangerous, skilled fighters because of a lower center of gravity and a very developed style of fighting.
(Not to mention all strong as hell for their size)

Don Cherry has commented that they were all dangerously underrated because of their size, yet were capable of fighting anyone, and winning.

Reactions: Finster8

Bronson

Apr 5, 2007
Chris Nilan perhaps? He wasn't huge (6'0, 200) but would take on anyone. Stan Jonathan is also a good choice.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Why would you nominate a guy that isn't even playing anymore? Nobody cares about them...

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Haley gets points for being the only guy in NHL history to actually chase a dude down after a cheap shot and one punch him.. still can't believe he separated Jarnkrok from the mass of players like that.

Anyways, gotta go with Rob Ray. Andrew Peters. Eric Bolton. Ok, my Sabres homerism is showing.

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
Pound for pound its Bennett and Domi.

Overall its Nurse and Reaves.

Nurse has taken losses from Sam Bennett and Bo Horvat. It was Horvat's first ever fight too. Not to mention the beating Haley put on him after he jumped Polak. The only thing Nurse is worse at then fighting, is playing defence.

Reeves wouldn't last a second in the 90's or 2000's when there were legit heavyweights. He's just a big strong guy, but has no punching power. He isn't tough at all

Lucic is one of the few guys who has done actual, and significant damage when he's thrown. Very few others in the game can say the same

Reactions: Oates2Neely

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Bennett? LOL
Nurse? LOL
Bennett is 195 6'1 and throws down with guys 6'4 230. Bennett also wins these fights.

Every fight ive saw Nurse in he has won other than the Bennett one(never saw agaisnt Horvat)

Pound for pound Bennett is up there. Maybe Nurse is debatable but Bennett is not.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Bennett is 195 6'1 and throws down with guys 6'4 230. Bennett also wins these fights.

Every fight ive saw Nurse in he has won other than the Bennett one(never saw agaisnt Horvat)

Pound for pound Bennett is up there. Maybe Nurse is debatable but Bennett is not.
Bennett has never won a fight against a legitimate fighter. Don't get me wrong, he's a tough kid. But there's no way, absolutely no way he's more in the P4P discussion than a guy like Wayne Simmonds.

Just because you're under 200 pounds, doesn't make you a pound for pound best. That title until he loses, is Ryan Reaves.

Last edited:

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

guess you missed this one. He got easily handled by a non pissed off Lucic. Lucic took it easy on him and still physically dominated him in the fight.

BeingTheThunder

Jul 9, 2018
www.beingthethunder.com
Pound for pound? I have to go with Brad Marchand's tongue...

8USWLR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->