Best pound per pound fighter in the nhl

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Haley now; Stock, Tootoo, and Kelly Chase (guys who will all go toe to toe with guys their size and take on big guys on occasion - some of them more than others).

Last edited:

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
I couldn't remember Simmonds ever fighting Prust so I looked it up and it was in 2011?

But yet, you seem to think he's the toughest guy in the league, and yet are completely unaware of his fights.

Seriously?

Indeed.

The fact that you had to go back 7 years to make a point is sad.

The fact you called Simmonds the toughest guy in the league is sad. The fact that you didn't know about the beating he took from a guy who never beat anyone is sad.

But the truly sad thing is that you completely missed the point. Brandon Prust wasn't tough. A tie was a win for him. And yet he easily smashed Simmonds. If you are going to call a guy the toughest or best pound for pound fighter in the league, it should be a guy who can actually win a fight. Would it be better if I mentioned the loss he took from Kevin Bieska? What about from Dalton Prout? Tom Wilson? Dylan McGrath? Matt Martin? Oh but wait, he did well against noted pugilist Jonathan Ericsson. Such a brawler.

Everyone loses fights, even heavyweights.

But they don't lose as many as Simmonds does, which is the fact you are ignoring

This thread is about the best pound for pound fighter and Simmonds at 180 pounds is tough as nails.

Doesn't seem that way with how many fights he has lost.

Does he win every fight?

As we've seen, absolutely not. He loses more than he wins, yet you put him at the top of the list.

No but if he was 40 pounds heavier he would be serving up even ore beatings.

Against whom? The same guys he's losing fights to now? Or guys who are also 40lbs heavier. A pissed off Milan Lucic nearly dicapitaced Prust in a fight in NY. Lucic easily beats Prust, Prust easily beats Smmonds, but Simmonds is "tough as nails". I

Lucic at 240 pounds should be beating people up, that's not impressive.

Why should he? Dustin Penner, Hal Gil, Brian Boyle, Jagr, Nik Antropov all weighed at least that. Where they the toughest guys in the league? On their own team? On their own line?

The fact that you think size / weight means toughness explains how little you know about fighting. But really, you picking Simmonds as the toughest guy already showed that.

Beat it kid.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
But yet, you seem to think he's the toughest guy in the league, and yet are completely unaware of his fights.

Indeed.

The fact you called Simmonds the toughest guy in the league is sad. The fact that you didn't know about the beating he took from a guy who never beat anyone is sad.

But the truly sad thing is that you completely missed the point. Brandon Prust wasn't tough. A tie was a win for him. And yet he easily smashed Simmonds. If you are going to call a guy the toughest or best pound for pound fighter in the league, it should be a guy who can actually win a fight. Would it be better if I mentioned the loss he took from Kevin Bieska? What about from Dalton Prout? Tom Wilson? Dylan McGrath? Matt Martin? Oh but wait, he did well against noted pugilist Jonathan Ericsson. Such a brawler.

But they don't lose as many as Simmonds does, which is the fact you are ignoring

As we've seen, absolutely not. He loses more than he wins, yet you put him at the top of the list.

Against whom? The same guys he's losing fights to now? Or guys who are also 40lbs heavier. A pissed off Milan Lucic nearly dicapitaced Prust in a fight in NY. Lucic easily beats Prust, Prust easily beats Smmonds, but Simmonds is "tough as nails". I

Why should he? Dustin Penner, Hal Gil, Brian Boyle, Jagr, Nik Antropov all weighed at least that. Where they the toughest guys in the league? On their own team? On their own line?

The fact that you think size / weight means toughness explains how little you know about fighting. But really, you picking Simmonds as the toughest guy already showed that.

Beat it kid.

Did Simmonds bang your sister or something? I would have said wife but let's be honest...

I still think it's pretty funny you went back 7 years to find a fight Simmonds lost to make your point but hey man, do your thing. I'm also starting to think you might not understand the concept of the term pound for pound but I also don't feel like debating with some neanderthal about this silly topic anymore so I'll leave it be.

On a side note, you seem pretty upset about a hypothetical, highly subjective thread. Maybe you should look into martial arts as a way to relieve some of that anger but I'll just go ahead and assume you're foaming at the mouth to tell someone about your glory days in the gym.

All the best, wise old man.

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Indeed.

Beat it kid.
:laugh::laugh:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Not really, it's not. He's had 9 career fights, and has won 3 of them, all against non fighters - Johansen, Trouba & De Sousa a while back who's actually smaller than he is, and a non fighter. Definitely not remotely close to being in the discussion.
9 career fights.

That was a months work for Probert.

rambo97

Jan 2, 2018
The two toughest fighters in the league right now are Lucic and Reaves. The problem is no one is willing to fight these guys.

Glass just fought Lucic and got killed. Lucic even let him throw the first punch and then proceeded to destroy him and had him bleeding all over the ice. Doubt anyone steps up against him or Reaves for a while.

That is the problem with being the biggest and baddest in this day an age. No one steps up making you useless.

So I’ll go with Bennett and this might surprise bu Caggiula. Both are pretty slight but are surprising pretty tough and scrappy

Mike Lowry

Feb 23, 2018
Did Simmonds bang your sister or something? I would have said wife but let's be honest...

So we've discovered you are all of 16 years old. Great. No wonder you keep saying idiotic things.

I still think it's pretty funny you went back 7 years to find a fight Simmonds lost to make your point but hey man, do your thing.

I also went back last year to when he lost to Bieska. But sure, ignore that. And all the other guys he's lost too as well.

I'm also starting to think you might not understand the concept of the term pound for pound but I also don't feel like debating with some neanderthal about this silly topic anymore so I'll leave it be.

You have named someone who constantly loses fights as the best pound of pound fighter in the league. It's clear you don't know what it means. But sure, since his fight card has been listed, and you can'f defend the overwhelming high amount of loses, just run away.

On a side note, you seem pretty upset about a hypothetical, highly subjective thread. Maybe you should look into martial arts as a way to relieve some of that anger but I'll just go ahead and assume you're foaming at the mouth to tell someone about your glory days in the gym.

All the best, wise old man.

I will give Simmonds credit, he is far braver that you are. While he loses most of his fights, he at least fought again. You don't even have that courage as you are running away like a coward after getting beat. This is why your opinion doesn't matter.

BTW, did you see McQuaid pummel Michael Haley last night? Or Lucic unloading on Tanner Glass? Yep, those are actual tough guys. Not someone who loses to Kevin Bieska

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would be remised if I didn't include 5'9 175 lbs Danny Gare here.

Here are 2 fights he had with Clark Gillies and Mel Bridgeman. He did unbelievable well.

Gare was tough as nails....he ate shots in both those fights and ended up winning.

Terry Ruskowski was fearless and very active for a 5’9” 165 pound guy.

McPhee was amazing for his size.

Jonathan was short but thicker and would probably get my vote but it was close.

Next era after that would be guys like Domi and Clarke

Reactions: The Winter Soldier

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
So we've discovered you are all of 16 years old. Great. No wonder you keep saying idiotic things.

I also went back last year to when he lost to Bieska. But sure, ignore that. And all the other guys he's lost too as well.

You have named someone who constantly loses fights as the best pound of pound fighter in the league. It's clear you don't know what it means. But sure, since his fight card has been listed, and you can'f defend the overwhelming high amount of loses, just run away.

I will give Simmonds credit, he is far braver that you are. While he loses most of his fights, he at least fought again. You don't even have that courage as you are running away like a coward after getting beat. This is why your opinion doesn't matter.

BTW, did you see McQuaid pummel Michael Haley last night? Or Lucic unloading on Tanner Glass? Yep, those are actual tough guys. Not someone who loses to Kevin Bieska
I find it funny that you think I'm 16 years old while you can't control your anger on the internet. You also have incredibly poor grammar so I'll just go ahead and assume you're not 16 but you're an uneducated middle aged man responding to posts from a public library because you can't afford the internet for yourself. But seriously, you really do seem incredibly mad about a meaningless thread about hockey fights on the internet. Is everything ok back at your trailer? Do you need help with repairs?

I'm not sure what you mean about me running away. Just because I prefer to engage in conversation rather than argue with an internet tough guy doesn't mean I'm running from anything. I've replied to your posts fairly quickly while you are bumping old threads a week later to feel like a man and a winner. I guess I know now why you're referencing fights from 7 years ago and taking a week to reply to me. Has it been tough walking to the library in this cold weather? Maybe save up for a bicycle or ask mom if she can drop you off on the way to the methadone clinic.

Vertain

Mar 28, 2013
Vermont
Well, you would expect to see a lot of tough guys in the Hockey Fights board.

I like just about anybody who is wiling to drop the gloves: the good, the bad, and the ugly. But my all time favourite is Wendel Clarke. In today's game I like how McQuaid handles himself.

These are what are known as 'opinions'. So feel free to think differently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->