Best players thus far

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
So, I have not been able to see any of the games so far. I want to know who the best players on their respective teams have been and why.

Thanks in advance for your opinions.

Crazyhorse

Sep 2, 2006
Gothenburg
SWE: Davidsson
Russia: Morozov
Kanada: Toews/Doan
Slovakia: Gaborik/Uram
USA: Kessel/Pothier
Finland: Nummelin
Czech Republic: Vyborny

IMO ofcourse.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Slovakia: Uram.

Surprising that its like that as he was cut from the team, said he would never play for SVK again and was called back the next day after Nagy rejected the offer to go.

In fact, its sad that he is the best player on a team with Hossa, Demitra etc.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
Whats Uram's past history? What was the reason he was cut, anything in particular? What type of player is he?

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
His history is that he played most of his career in the Czech Republic.
He was cut cause he is a player ONLY for the scoring lines, he really cant defend and with the thought of Nagy coming, he was cut but then he was called back.
He is a player who is good in the offensive zone but due to being small and weak, he aint good along the boards or in the defensive zone.

cibtom

:(
May 27, 2006
Tampere
He was cut cause he is a player ONLY for the scoring lines, he really cant defend and with the thought of Nagy coming, he was cut but then he was called back.
He is a player who is good in the offensive zone but due to being small and weak, he aint good along the boards or in the defensive zone.

he'd played ever good in czech league, but he'd never been called to Slovak national team in the past (so as Peter Pucher)

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
as for germany, michael wolf and michael hackert looked the best in my opinion and i'd give the edge to wolf.

Tritsche

Apr 12, 2005
Lenzburg
Czech: Plekanec
Sweden: Davidsson
USA: Stastny
Canada: Toews
Finland: T.Ruutu
Slovakia: Gaborik
Switzerland: Wichser(but it will be Sprunger at the end of the tournament):)

Huis Clos*

For USA Stastny has played very well, but I think it would be a mistake not to mention Stempniak as well. Seems he's had a very good tournament.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
SWE: Davidsson
Kanada: Toews
Slovakia: Gaborik
USA: Stastny
Finland: Nummelin
Czech Republic: Pleks

Mahox

Noncontroversial
Nov 13, 2005
really thats kind of interesting. Is there a reason why? Is there no "C" in Finland's alphabet?

There is a "C" in the finnish language. We have all the same letters that you have in Canada plus 3 more scandinavian ones.
Swedes spell Canada with a "K" too.
"C" is used in the swedish language more as a soft letter like in the word "circus" and such while "K" is used when it's Kukkonen :)biglaugh: ) or such. If you understand the difference. In the finnish language "C" is though rarely used and often replaced with "S" or "K" depending on what situation.
Hopefully I haven't completely confused you by now with my nearly nonsense rambling in the middle of the night. 2.42 AM over here ;)

PsychoDad

Apr 20, 2007
Berlin
Canada is spelled with a K in pretty much every language except engl/french, i guess. All slavian languages like russian spell it with a K, same with german.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
There is a "C" in the finnish language. We have all the same letters that you have in Canada plus 3 more scandinavian ones.
Swedes spell Canada with a "K" too.
"C" is used in the swedish language more as a soft letter like in the word "circus" and such while "K" is used when it's Kukkonen :)biglaugh: ) or such. If you understand the difference. In the finnish language "C" is though rarely used and often replaced with "S" or "K" depending on what situation.
Hopefully I haven't completely confused you by now with my nearly nonsense rambling in the middle of the night. 2.42 AM over here ;)
no you havent confused me, thankyou actually. It's 8:28 PM over here.

Wisent

Nov 15, 2003
Mannheim
Visit site

He is an awesome skater and has good positioning as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->