Best players NOT in NHL at each position ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
SportBoy said:
Ovechkin - Malkin - Crosby
Suter - Phaneuf
Lethonen
Malkin has a higher upside, but at this point I think Carter is a better player (right now).

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
SportBoy said:
Ovechkin - Malkin - Crosby
Suter - Phaneuf
Lethonen

Agree, if you're talking prospects or potential. But (as of now) they're better players in Europe.

Maxim Sushinsky - Alexei Kaigorodov - Jorgen Jonsson

Oleg Tverdovsky - Jere Karalahti/Dmitri Yushkevich

Kari Lehtonen

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Zine said:
Agree, if you're talking prospects or potential. But (as of now) they're better players in Europe.

Maxim Sushinsky - Alexei Kaigorodov - Jorgen Jonsson

Oleg Tverdovsky - Jere Karalahti/Dmitri Yushkevich

Kari Lehtonen

Well if you want to get technical....

Ilya Kovalchuk Joe Sakic Jarome Iginla

Nik Lidstrom Chris Pronger

Martin Brodeur.

Remember this is the "Prospects" board. :teach:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Legionnaire said:
If that's the case then I'd have Cammalleri in there.
There is no way that he is better tan Ovechkin or Crosby, even at this point. Hes a nice prospect, but not in this league.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
jtuzzi21 said:
There is no way that he is better tan Ovechkin or Crosby, even at this point. Hes a nice prospect, but not in this league.
These guys are incredibly overrated for never even doning an NHL uniform. At least Cammalleri has produced at an NHL level, even if somewhat inconsistantly. Not saying that I wouldn't want either of those guys, but at this point do you take a guy who has somewhat proven his meddle against NHL caliber people or a guy like Crosby who is still in Juniors?

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Reaper45 said:
These guys are incredibly overrated for never even doning an NHL uniform. At least Cammalleri has produced at an NHL level, even if somewhat inconsistantly. Not saying that I wouldn't want either of those guys, but at this point do you take a guy who has somewhat proven his meddle against NHL caliber people or a guy like Crosby who is still in Juniors?
I know two pretty smart scouts for junior teams, and they believe that Crosby could play NHL quality hockey now, and very well. I realize both of your points, and understand your opinions, but Ovechkin dominates vs. NHL quality talent in tourneys and his usual league, and Crosby is Crosby. Cammalerri is a good young prospect with lots of upside, but not comparable.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
jtuzzi21 said:

Who said anything about taking him over Crosby or Ovechkin?

If you're going to laud Carter for his production, you can't ignore Camallerri's. He should be the pick for center if Crosby is going to be put at wing. If you want to base it on potential, Malkin get's the center spot.

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
jtuzzi21 said:
I know two pretty smart scouts for junior teams, and they believe that Crosby could play NHL quality hockey now, and very well. I realize both of your points, and understand your opinions, but Ovechkin dominates vs. NHL quality talent in tourneys and his usual league, and Crosby is Crosby. Cammalerri is a good young prospect with lots of upside, but not comparable.
Maybe I'm in the minority when it comes to Ovechkin, but I wouldnt go so far as to say that he dominates against NHL quality talent, I'd venture to say that he more than holds his own. I must admit I haven't seen enough of Crosby other than at the Kings prospect camp, to really say one way or another if he could play NHL quality hockey.

scout46

Jun 2, 2002
Calgary
Reaper45 said:
Are you related to Cammalleri?

Kaizer

Apr 26, 2003
Berlin, Germany
Ok, we all know that Phaheuf has good PR on this boards ;) but what are others opinions about Coburn/Barker as 2nd D. Who's better right now (just ask opinios from lucky who has seen them) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad