Best Player this Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

big_steve

Dec 6, 2003
Newfoundland
First of all, I'd like to state that I wasn't sure at all where to put this thread but since it has a little to do with the World Cup of Hockey and IIHF World Championships, I decided to stick it here. A mod may see the need to move it somewhere else.

All I'm wondering is whom you people think was the best professional(AHL and all of Europe) hockey player this year in the entire world. You should give the World Cup of Hockey and World Championships consideration as well for your answers as they were the most important hockey played all year, IMO. Also, only include guys whom played all year or at least most of the year.

dcav

Apr 11, 2005
Boston, Ma.
big_steve said:
First of all, I'd like to state that I wasn't sure at all where to put this thread but since it has a little to do with the World Cup of Hockey and IIHF World Championships, I decided to stick it here. A mod may see the need to move it somewhere else.

All I'm wondering is whom you people think was the best professional(AHL and all of Europe) hockey player this year in the entire world. You should give the World Cup of Hockey and World Championships consideration as well for your answers as they were the most important hockey played all year, IMO. Also, only include guys whom played all year or at least most of the year.

Joe Thornton. He won three championships including the WC last Sept., lead the HC Davos to the Spengler Cup and and the Swiss Championship were he was also the leading scorer in the regulas season and playoffs, and was MVP in these international games while winning a silver and again was the leading scorer. :bow:
Just because I am a Bruins fan and a huge Joe Thornton fan doesn't make my opinion biased does it? :dunno: :p:

reaper

May 1, 2005
Nicklas Kronwall should definately be mentioned. Won best D in AHL and in all star team in worl championships. Thornton is also great.

ALF AmericanLionsFan

Dec 19, 2002
Cleveland, Ohio USA
Visit site
Tough one for me. It's either Jagr or Thornton. Thornton won some championships,but then again Jagr played in a tougher league(RSL) for the second half. But with Jagr leading the Czechs to the title yesterday I'll go with him by a slim slim margin.

Backin72

Jul 9, 2004
Winnipeg
Joe Thornton.

Took the puck and ran with it, whether it be fourth line duty in a defensive role, or a first liner team leader, he did it all, without any whining. He's matured more than anyone and deserves much applause. :handclap:

wilka91*

May 5, 2004
Jaromir Jagr is this year's planetery MVP.

Thornton was great at the Worlds, but Jagr owned every league he played in!

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
wilka91 said:
Jaromir Jagr is this year's planetery MVP.

Thornton was great at the Worlds, but Jagr owned every league he played in!

You could also say the 2nd part about Hossa.

MVP's for me: Thornton and Jagr

HM: Marian Hossa

Astaroth

Apr 22, 2004
Montreal,Qc
Backin72 said:
Maybe Jagr should stay over there. He doesn't play well in North America anymore.

Well if a pgg is not playing well anymore...

Supposedly he's found his hockey passion again in Omsk, if he did he'll be more than a force to be reckoned with when the NHL resumes. He was playing like a woman and still got a ppg, imagine if he was back to the old Jagr.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
Astaroth said:
Well if a pgg is not playing well anymore...

Supposedly he's found his hockey passion again in Omsk, if he did he'll be more than a force to be reckoned with when the NHL resumes. He was playing like a woman and still got a ppg, imagine if he was back to the old Jagr.
he looked pretty good for a guy with a busted finger and a wicked headache - mcquire was the one who reported he had a - new inspiration - for the game - can't wait to see him when play resumes in jan 06

Sakaarnis

Dec 19, 2004
Bay of smokes
Well, from my behalf i would like to mention MPV from All participant nations.
CZE - Jagr
CAN - Nash
RUS - Ovechkin
SWE - Alfredsson
SVK - Palffy
USA - Knuble
FIN - Jokinen
SUI - Streit
LAT - Skrastins
BLR - Mezin
UKR - Simchuk
KAZ - Kolesnik
SLO - Jan
DEN - Green
GER - Schubert
AUT - Setzinger

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
jagr is gonna rip apart the NHL when it starts up again
jagr taking home the rocket richard and art ross is not out of the question

revolverjgw

Oct 6, 2003
Nova Scotia
He was great, but let's see what happens when he's testing his mettle in a long, hard, rough season on a team that's NOT capable of winning a championship.

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Epsilon said:
One thing worth remembering about Jagr is that he tore up not one but two different leagues this year, and was a force in the WHCs.

...and got the puck in the head and played with the broken finger! :bow:

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
Sakaarnis said:
Well, from my behalf i would like to mention MPV from All participant nations.
CZE - Jagr
CAN - Nash
RUS - Ovechkin
SWE - Alfredsson
SVK - Palffy
USA - Knuble
FIN - Jokinen
SUI - Streit
LAT - Skrastins
BLR - Mezin
UKR - Simchuk
KAZ - Kolesnik