Best or favorite hockey name

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceGhost79

Mar 8, 2002
Bear Trapp (Melville Millionaires/Saskatchewan Junior Hockey League) - I couldn't believe that name the first time I saw it.

Bryce Cockburn (Actually pronounced Co-burn... or so he claims ;) )

Geese_Howard*

harry di c k courtsy of Hockeydb.com

hey, we may be harry, but we aint dic ks

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Bear Trapp is now a member of the Estevan Bruins in the SJHL. Son of former Buffalo Sabre Doug Trapp, and grandson of Toronto Maple Leafs Head Scout Barry Trapp.

His actual real name is Doug Bear Trapp Jr., but has gone by his middle name for as long as I can remember.

denphis

i cant believe no one has said anti laaksonaan (maybe you guys dont get heartburn)

Leadzedder

Jan 2, 2005
Chris Chihockey was in the Detroit system back in the day. The spelling might be abit off but that was the pronounciation.

Kmad, what up dude, been awhile.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Ivan Vologjaninov, Vyatcheslav Butsayev, Hakan Loob, and Zinetula Bilyaletdinov.

Larry Playfair
and Larry Goodenough deserve mention, too.

And then there's Morris Titanic.

Last edited:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
Someone allready mentioned Anze Kopitar, but I'll say again!
Anze is OK - very normal Slovenian name, but Kopitar! :lol Kopito means hoof, so his name when translated would be something like hoofer or hoofed!

I saw some of you find Dragan Umicevic funny. Probably you just aren't used to that kind of names but it's a common Serbian/Croatian/Bosnian name. Than, we could name all the Japaneese players because they sound funny...

But Finnish names are strange: Miko Eloranta, Hannu Aravirta...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->