• 1988-1998 Black/White

• 1998-2011 Purple/Black/White

• 2011-2018 Black

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The white looks so... plain. Not that they will make the switch, but it's a shame they wouldn't be able to incorporate both the gold and forum blue sets as their away/home uniforms.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Funny, this same issue about having white instead of gold was brought up years ago and at the time I used that same Doughty photo to show what a white version might look like:
OMF1E3P.jpg
I remember this. Those whites look pretty good to me! Gold would be better, but the gold uniforms could be a third uniform for use at home.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
I completely understand preferring color over the silver/black/white combination and the purple/gold jerseys really pop.

The thing with the 90s silver/black sweaters is that there was a significant amount of silver in them with the crest, numbers, stripes etc. The current ones don't have enough silver in them, IMO.

Prefer the current road jerseys over the home jerseys.

I agree with this ^^^^

Overall, my favs are:

1. Gretzky era black / silver / white. This is close as any LA design has come to hockey jersey design perfection. and not just the colors, but the proportions, trim, and especially the silver chevron popped on BOTH the black and white jerseys. And they used a normal hockey jersey number and name font.

2. original purple and gold. Not much to add, they are virtually perfect in every way. strong hockey design.

3. current black / silver. close, but several design elements are still missing. OR maybe I've just been beaten down by many years of this already, but since we won 2 cups with these, I do not see new jerseys in our future (I still do not own one of these). But the black chevron needs to be silver to look better on the black jerseys as well as the white. The LA home plate logo is average at best - and the name / number font is stupid bad. And why isn't there any silver / white trim on the gloves? All black gloves = boooooring!

4. black / purple / white. Redesigned crown is a classic logo, 9.5/10. The "LOS ANGELES" on bottom of jersey embarrassingly bad! The shield logo? good attempt, but sunglasses on the lion?? come on, get serious.

5. purple / gold '80s. not a fan of the wide (flyers / jets) sleeve stripes, but otherwise good.

Last edited:

2-4 Slashin

Tony Granato Fan!
Jul 25, 2005
South Pasadena
Fan since 72-73 season when I was a kid. I love the revamp of the original forum blue jersey. But I loved this one when it was out. It seems no one did or they don’t want to recall that era?

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Funny, this same issue about having white instead of gold was brought up years ago and at the time I used that same Doughty photo to show what a white version might look like:
OMF1E3P.jpg
Jumping into this 5 year old thread to say that the NHL has started allowing teams to wear their dark helmets with their white uniforms, so the look on the left would actually be possible in today’s nhl.

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Fripp

Sep 6, 2005
Portland, OR
OMF1E3P.jpg
Current favorite, especially the white. Looks amazing.

View attachment 105185 Fan since 72-73 season when I was a kid. I love the revamp of the original forum blue jersey. But I loved this one when it was out. It seems no one did or they don’t want to recall that era?
Sorry for the double post.
Love and own this one. The only jersey I've bought in my adult life (had a chevy logo Sandstrom jersey when I was a teen).

ZJames

Jan 4, 2011
Dont worry about it
I know I'm in the minority here, but the 2000's era jerseys were my favorite. Especially the alternate purple jersey. But that said, the retro jersey from last season was beautiful.

Either way, the Kings need to ditch the black and white. It's time for them to add some color back into their jersey. I'd be fine with the retro jersey being their new uniform.

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
Our jerseys are a conundrum. We have one of the most unique original color schemes that are beloved, sells really well, and matches perfectly with our name and theme; however, we have to be up there in teams that have haphazardly changed them the most but also have kind of decent, catchy, uniforms with every single change.

Then you throw in that we have Luc in the front office practically in charge of it and in love with the Gretzky era coupled with us finally winning the cup a couple of times during this era of uniforms, I doubt they are going to change soon, despite the sales of the reverse retros being a pretty strong indicator that adopting any of those styles would be easily successful.

THG has always been glowing about the Kings' jersey history and style and ranks them #1 in most cases:

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
These are absolutely incredible. My goodness. Should be their everyday jersey just perfect. But nah we have to look at that stupid home plate for another decade.
everyone leaguewide loved them too, that's the worst part

Reactions: ru4reals

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
View attachment 105185 Fan since 72-73 season when I was a kid. I love the revamp of the original forum blue jersey. But I loved this one when it was out. It seems no one did or they don’t want to recall that era?
Sorry for the double post.
These were sick as well. But wasn't this a third jersey. Wish they went to these permanently back then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad