Best junior hockey uniforms

peicurler91

Mar 15, 2008
PEI
-Rempart have a good one (its sorta old fashioned like jerseys in the 60's and 70's)
-PEI Rocket have a good one

-Moncton Wildcats is stupid well the claw maul on the back is dumb who wants to advertise their team as being mauled by mountain lions
-Montreal Juniors jersey is lame and boring

zaluty

May 30, 2007
Kingston
My two favourite OHL jerseys are

Kingston
Windsor

My least two favourites are

Brampton
Kingston(Count Frontenac Jersey)

Sadist

Feb 4, 2008
Detroit
These are my 3 fav's:
2342431698_7958788740.jpg

2341424211_8bd2da20da.jpg

2341379163_66135b62b5.jpg

whitecops

Mar 31, 2008
Sault Greyhounds

Most of you have the right idea..Oshawa, London, St Mikes all have ill uniforms.

Some good non-ohl suits: Shawinigan, Seattle, Spokane, Kamloops

But c'mon..let's give credit where it's due! I haven't seen enough recognition given to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds..who have what is EASILY one of the best outfits not only in Junior hockey, but in ALL of hockey. I'm referring to their full treatment too (i.e. colour scheme, achievement of simplicity / austerity while avoiding blandness, the fact that they haven't had to blatantly copy a pro team (kitchener), their logo is rock-hard, even the name is perfectly original yet not stupid or made-up (ice dogs, MAINEiacs, ice-hawks..although I nod to the MAINEiacs bold originality)..I can think of no other 'greyhounds' in organized sports.

Can anybody think of a piece of sports memorabilia (excluding baseball stuff) more valuable than a 1977-78 Wayne Gretzky game-worn Greyhounds jersey (before he got the #99)? He only played one season in junior hockey, we was younger and smaller than everybody, and he set all kinds of records, as expected.

greyhounds.jpg

Now, I know what many of you are thinking.."But it's just a rip-off from Greyhound Bus Lines' logo." To this very reasonable criticism I must elucidate my web research findings which prove that the Sault Greyhounds logo PREDATES the bus's logo. I know..I was shocked too.

ALSO..I have to acknowledge the OLD Belleville Bulls logo. I have no idea why so many teams are STILL opting for these stupid cartoon logos. I've never met anybody, young or old, who prefers the silly new logos to the classics. I really hope this cartoon-logos-are-a-good-marketting-idea disease passes soon. What a terrible disease..even the proud Sault Greyhounds and the London Knights fell sick with it back in the late-90's.

whitecops

Mar 31, 2008
P.S.
I forgot to mention the use of the four stars on the Greyhounds' shirts. So far they're the only hockey team I've seen who uses these stars in much the same way as do european soccer clubs (see Juventus, Brazil national team, Manchester, I think): the stars correspond to the four Memorial Cup apprearances the Greyhounds made since 1985. Pretty effing classy in my arrogant opinion.

Kylerogers

Mar 24, 2008
I love the original look of the Belleville Bulls, the gold jersey is so vintage but I love it, and the logo too. Here's a peak at it.
http://thumb16.webshots.net/t/53/453/9/72/82/2823972820100283076ZvDxza_th.jpg

Small but you get the idea.

Also agree with the 67's, Spits and London Knights and the Medicine Hat Tigers.

I agree, Brampton's gotta change their look soon. I don't like the Guelph Storm's look either, they look like a pair of my pajama's.

Koss

As a Greyhound fan I have to say... I love you man!

Go Hounds Go!

Most of you have the right idea..Oshawa, London, St Mikes all have ill uniforms.

Some good non-ohl suits: Shawinigan, Seattle, Spokane, Kamloops

But c'mon..let's give credit where it's due! I haven't seen enough recognition given to the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds..who have what is EASILY one of the best outfits not only in Junior hockey, but in ALL of hockey. I'm referring to their full treatment too (i.e. colour scheme, achievement of simplicity / austerity while avoiding blandness, the fact that they haven't had to blatantly copy a pro team (kitchener), their logo is rock-hard, even the name is perfectly original yet not stupid or made-up (ice dogs, MAINEiacs, ice-hawks..although I nod to the MAINEiacs bold originality)..I can think of no other 'greyhounds' in organized sports.

Can anybody think of a piece of sports memorabilia (excluding baseball stuff) more valuable than a 1977-78 Wayne Gretzky game-worn Greyhounds jersey (before he got the #99)? He only played one season in junior hockey, we was younger and smaller than everybody, and he set all kinds of records, as expected.

greyhounds.jpg

Now, I know what many of you are thinking.."But it's just a rip-off from Greyhound Bus Lines' logo." To this very reasonable criticism I must elucidate my web research findings which prove that the Sault Greyhounds logo PREDATES the bus's logo. I know..I was shocked too.

ALSO..I have to acknowledge the OLD Belleville Bulls logo. I have no idea why so many teams are STILL opting for these stupid cartoon logos. I've never met anybody, young or old, who prefers the silly new logos to the classics. I really hope this cartoon-logos-are-a-good-marketting-idea disease passes soon. What a terrible disease..even the proud Sault Greyhounds and the London Knights fell sick with it back in the late-90's.

doogie24

Jan 27, 2009
Ontario
I love the originality shown in most uniforms from Junior hockey and College... it makes you wonder what these designers at the NHL level are thinking every year. Everything has gone to crazy designs that dont make any sense... what happened to plain old STRIPES!

Ottawa has it right, same with Oshawa and teams like Shawnigan (notice the pattern here)

Love the Soo in their black jerseys, but I think the look would be even better with red buckets instead of white. Windsor should have gone retro with their new ones instead of cartoon + "rbk edge". Their off-white 3rds are nearly perfect. London's black jerseys are a nice look, but I would love to see them ditch the black pants+gloves+helmets and replace them with Kelly Green... that would be cool.

Unique designs get a big thumbs up from me... love the Wheat stripes in Brandon's jerseys, and the Army Green in Brampton is awesome, mostly because they wear the green buckets. Sarnia 3rds good... Belleville in black... good. Peterborough in white...good!

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
From the O, Mississauga Majors, Windsor, and the Sault are my top 3.

CanadaBacon

#SavetheGoons
Mar 15, 2009
Hamilton
Barrie for me, got a soft spot.

Seattle has a fantastic jersey.

Not major junior but the old Brampton Capitals or the Chingaucousy Blues had sweet garb.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
My favs:

Shawinigan Cataractes new jerseys:

gilet.jpg

Quebec Remparts:

101121.jpg

Rimouski Oceanic:

rad5F6B51.JPG

Rouyn-Noranda Huskies:

119422.jpg