Best Hockey Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzziman

Nov 6, 2002
Abby
Visit site
I'm a natural righty, but when I asked my mom for a new stick for Christmas, she bought me one that was left handed. I used my old one until it basically fell apart and then was forced to use the lefty because my mom refused to buy me another when she just got me a perfectly good one(I was 9 btw so buying my own wasn't an option). My first game with the new stick I broke a scoring slump. It tooks months of practice until it started to feel right.

Yeah I know, the story kind of sucks, but I'm sure there are better ones out there, so lets here 'em

Crossroads*

My last year of minor hockey I got a new pair of Heaton's and had my equipment manager use the "break-in" machine to get them loose. Anyways, I was really pessimistic about using them because I used my previous pair for two years (in both practice and games) until after my first game with the new pair. I got a S/O with about 35-40 shots against.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
I had a AA game at age 12. When I started playing hockey, I decided not to wear a jock because my skating was better without one. Anyways, some guy on the other team got a break-away. It was me, him and the goalie. He was more of a goon on his team. You know, the jerk that never shuts his mouth and does dirty plays. He took a slapper, on the breakaway. I went down, with my legs slightly opened. (kinda like a standup goalie) I went slightly off the ice, and hit my fruits and just my fruits. I yelled, "motherf-cker" at the top of my voice. I didn't get ejected or anything, but after the game some kids mom gave a 5hour long speech about swearing. Now, at all the games the coach checks if I have a jock and we have a swear jar.

This isn't as bad as the lady who flashed herself to taunt the other team, but 5 hours is a long time.

canadahockeygirl*

When I was in HS, I showed up for a game with some of my guy friends who needed a goalie for their team. I was wearing a baggy sweatshirt and pants and put a hat on before I left, so no one outside of that locker room knew I wasn't a guy. I went out and had the game of my life, and as we were huddling at the end of the game I took off my helmet and took my ponytail out of my jersey (I used to have really long hair and it would get stuck under my body if I left it out) and everyone on the other team just looked in disbelief. They couldn't believe they could barely score on a chick. A bunch of guys from the other team waited outside the locker room for me to confirm it wasn't a sick joke.

usmhuskies

Ok maybe not the best story but a pretty good one: funny at least...We had senior nite my junior year(give out flowers and stuff, it was taken forever and I really wanted to go to a party my brother was thorwing(plus I disliked the coach)and the game started @ 9!!...I knew the ref and in warm-ups(before the senior thing) I went up to the ref and said "I am going to take a penalty on my first shift and I will act like I am making a big deal out of it. Don't give me a 10 give me a game(last game of the year we were not going to make the playoffs)..."He said sure, if that's what ya want" so I hooked some guy 20 seconds in and threw up my arms and got a game" ...I t was worth it as I meet my future girl friend @ the party" :) Life is funny sometimes!!!

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
usmhuskies said:
Ok maybe not the best story but a pretty good one: funny at least...We had senior nite my junior year(give out flowers and stuff, it was taken forever and I really wanted to go to a party my brother was thorwing(plus I disliked the coach)and the game started @ 9!!...I knew the ref and in warm-ups(before the senior thing) I went up to the ref and said "I am going to take a penalty on my first shift and I will act like I am making a big deal out of it. Don't give me a 10 give me a game(last game of the year we were not going to make the playoffs)..."He said sure, if that's what ya want" so I hooked some guy 20 seconds in and threw up my arms and got a game" ...I t was worth it as I meet my future girl friend @ the party" :) Life is funny sometimes!!!
How's it funny, you were selfish and let your team down.

:)

Mitchnesses

Hunk of Monkey Love
Jun 7, 2004
Orange County, CA
Was playing in a game and the #1 enforcer on the other team and I were going at it all game. Got sent to the box in the 3rd period. When he passed by the box I told him he was mine when I got out. He lost it and pounded on the pexiglass. He ended up get checked by a teammate and came through into the box. The glass didn't shatter, the 2 side panels gave way and the pexiglass and the player fell into my lap. Was too easy to wail on him. Luckily he wasn't injured. Just had the wind knocked out. Our team had no problems from him for the remaining 6 minutes of the game.

IkeaMonkey*

usmhuskies said:

Haha! That's so gold. I usually chirp at the ref for taking a penalty and you asked for one....lol awesome.

I asked in another thread...but ill reask...did you play for USM?? Do you know anyone currently playing at USM?? I'd like some info on the program...if you can.

usmhuskies

HokEGoalie said:
Haha! That's so gold. I usually chirp at the ref for taking a penalty and you asked for one....lol awesome.

I asked in another thread...but ill reask...did you play for USM?? Do you know anyone currently playing at USM?? I'd like some info on the program...if you can.

It was funny as heck, the coach actually started to agrue the call a little but the ref never did tell him I asked for the penalty...I guess you had to know our team and Maine high school hockey to really find it funny but i still laugh...

No I never played for them(USM), I was one of the last cuts way back...Yes, I know ALL the players and the coach and if ya need any info feel free to e-mail me or send me a PM...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->