Best hockey players ever

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Paul Coffey in the top 6 defensemen of all time is ridiculous, and even more ridiculous is excluding Bourque from top 5, let alone top 3.

Top 10 Defensemen:

Orr
Bourque
Shore
Harvey
Lidstrom
Robinson
Potvin
Chelios
Leetch, Pronger or Stevens

Paul Coffey could be the most overrated of defensemen all-time. I mean you should be able to play defense right?
I take it that you didn't read through the entire thread, or you would have noticed that this was my B team. The fact that Orr, Gretzky, Howe, Lemieux, Shore, Bo. Hull, M. Richard and many, many others were omitted should have had you clue in that this was a B team. How could you not figure it out?

I take it that you didn't read through the entire thread, or you would have noticed that this was my B team. The fact that Orr, Gretzky, Howe, Lemieux, Shore, Bo. Hull, M. Richard and many, many others were omitted should have had you clue in that this was a B team. How could you not figure it out?

Bourque isn't top three. Top five? Definitely. No. 4 in my books. Orr, Shore and Harvey are my top three.

I was going to create a C team, but never got around to it. The centres would be relatively easy: Max Bentley, Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman and Henri Richard. (You could assemble five teams and still have plenty of quality centres to choose from). Jari Kurri, Boris Mikhailov and Andy Bathgate would get three RW spots. Doug Bentley would get one LW spot, with tough calls involving Toe Blake, Busher Jackson, Aurel Joliat, Sweeney Schriner and a couple others. Martin Brodeur, Vladislav Tretiak and Bill Durnan would be the goalies. King Clancy, Earl Seibert, Dit Clapper, Scott Stevens and Al MacInnis would be locks for the defence.

Anyways, Brian Leetch, Scott Stevens and Chris Pronger on a top 10 list ahead of eight-time all-star and eight-time Cup champion Red Kelly? That is truly ridiculous. Paul Coffey's place in a top 10 is certainly debateable. Red Kelly's place is not.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->