WWE: Best Heel of the last 10 years?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Cena legit sucks. Punk did too. Wrestling isn't the same.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I've only been watching for the past 3-4 years after a long hiatus from wrestling. In that time, I'll go a little off the wall and say Sasha Banks in NXT. I mean, she did make Izzy cry and then mocked her in the middle of the ring. That's a pretty awesome heel move. I can't wait for Sasha to go heel in the main roster. I think she's much better off as a heel than a face.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Remember when Punk called him the Yankees and THAT was the last straw!

Truer words may have never been spoken.

"You, like the Red Sox, like Boston, are no longer the underdog, you're a dynasty! You are what you hate. You, have become, THE NEW. YORK. YANKEES!"

"YOU'RE STEINBRENNER! AND YOU MIGHT AS WELL BE JETER!"

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Are you really a good heel if all you do is get heat and never put the babyface over? They never let anyone benefit at all from Stephanie's heat, so I can't say she's good.

So doesn't that actually make her the best heel?

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
So doesn't that actually make her the best heel?

A good heel might beat the face or lose to the face, but they usually make the face look good even in defeat or they build up to a huge payoff when someone actually beats them. Neither element is there with Stephanie. If you look at Vince's massive run as the top heel in the Attitude era, Austin got over on him almost every single week. That Stephanie berates and even slaps the faces (and heels) all the time with no payoff just makes no sense. The problem is also that Stephanie generally gets the wrong kind of heat. A good heel gets heat because you want to see them get beaten, a bad heel either gets no heat or gets heat because you just want them to go away. Stephanie mostly gets go away heat, but WWE cannot differentiate between a good and a bad heel reaction.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I'd vote Miz. Most heels today fill the "cool guy heel" role, it's rare to see someone be a very good, convincing *******.

HandsomeHollywood

Brooke Shields ain't got nothin'
Mar 20, 2017
My vote would go to 08/09 Jericho.
I've yet to see someone reinvent themself in modern days as a heel by actively doing things against the fans.
Started wearing suits.
Changed from long tights to unfamiliar trunks.
Ceased running the countdown clock for his entrance.
Stopped his signature taunts and sayings.
I believe he once also described that when he called someone a "gelatinous tapeworm" the next week he saw a fan sign with that written on it. Then and there he made a mental note to never say it again.
Not to mention his incredible heel entrance at 'Mania 26 where he literally just walks to the ring. No showboating, no fan interaction, just a normal walk. Mania entranceways are long too, and he stayed the course. Just wish he didn't have pyro.

I give Miz credit. I was a massive anti-Miz man prior to his A-Lister run. Everything before his current run made him look like a mark's create-a-wrestler from a video game. Flashy and cool with his 4 motion-captured taunts. Nowadays he seems like he finally has it down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad