Best heel curve on the market

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
medmed said:
What do you think guys? What are the best heel curves on the market. IMO the Poti one is among the best. It's rare having this kind of puckhandling with these curves.
i thought the drury was pretty similar to the poti - though i havent seen it up close. are they about the same? the lecavalier is a pretty serious heel - looks just like my 7 iron.

cstu

May 6, 2004
Right now i'm using the Innovative Kovalev, which is pretty close to a Drury.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
bleedgreen said:
i thought the drury was pretty similar to the poti - though i havent seen it up close. are they about the same? the lecavalier is a pretty serious heel - looks just like my 7 iron.

Yes! I used to have the Drury one. Should have mention this one too. :teach:

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
I always used a mid curve with an open toe until I purchased two one-pieces from the Predators during the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.

The first was a CCM 110 Vector pro return with the best heal curve I have ever seen/played with. I had a great shot with it and felt I could put the puck anywhere I wanted with ease. Unfortunately, that stick was broken when the blade was stepped on during a scrum in front of the net. :cry:

I had thought about getting the blade custom made, but...the way it broke, there was no way of getting it put back together.

The other stick was an Easton Synergy with a Drury curve. It took a little adjustment to get used to it, but I love it now. I have run into a lot of players that haven't been able to get used to the curve and have sold their sticks soon after purchase.

Therefore, since I don't know what the CCM pattern was...I'll vote for the Easton Drury pattern. I honestly can't stand the Lidstrom pattern...I know it has it's purposes, but I simply cannot stickhandle with the curve and loft on that blade. Anytime I handle the puck with a Lidstrom curve I pop the puck up on it's side.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I've been using Drury or clones for about 4 years now. I switched from a Lidstrom and couldn't be happier. Currently have some custom Christian Woody's on the way with an RP (Roenick Pro, toned down Drury) should be sweet.

chum

Feb 27, 2002
by "heel curve" do you guys just mean the blade?

if so.. in roller i always used shanahan. in ice i used coffey for a long time until i switched to one piece, the closest to coffey i can find is peca.

i also tried sakic and yzerman on a 2 piece in ice.. but the shaft was not good enough so i did not try those 2 curves for long enough of a time.

one blade (i am not sure how i ended up with it) i really liked was brent gilchrist. not sure why it was available but i bought one (i think like, in sportchek or something) and it was good.

+73*

NAE2 said:
The Lidstrom looks really weird, but I have it on my Synergy Si-Core and I can shoot amazingly with it, especially wrist shots.

even though i play forward, i love the Lidstrom pattern...was in love for the longest time w/ the Modano curve (mid-heel) but i actually have a better time stickhandling, believe it or not, w/ the big goofy Lidstrom curve...i don't wind up for too many slappers but this blade works well with wristers, plus i dig the square toe.
also works best with those pitchfork backhand high lobs out of the zone when changing on the fly.

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Currently I really, really like the CCM Brad Stuart model heel curve - so much so in fact I ordered a box of 10 and recently received it. It's not the curve for most - very tight-closed heel but for me as a defenseman it is ideal for firing tight-spiral slappers that inherently stay down due to the closed blade (with proper technique -as my coaches always told me "turn that wrist over the shaft, 2 inches behind the puck, back in your stance" - gold!)

I have a great slapshot with this blade

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
I own an Easton Stealth (Sakic) and a Vapour XX (Kovalchuk) and I reallllly like the Kovalchuk blade.

+73*

come to think of it, best heel curve i ever played with was a Louisville Pavel Brendl pro pattern (no joke), from about 3 years ago...
the old Easton Zhamnov pattern was real good, too (think i still have one of those laying around)

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
chum said:
by "heel curve" do you guys just mean the blade?

if so.. in roller i always used shanahan. in ice i used coffey for a long time until i switched to one piece, the closest to coffey i can find is peca.

i also tried sakic and yzerman on a 2 piece in ice.. but the shaft was not good enough so i did not try those 2 curves for long enough of a time.

one blade (i am not sure how i ended up with it) i really liked was brent gilchrist. not sure why it was available but i bought one (i think like, in sportchek or something) and it was good.
Shanny is a Mid-toe. Sakic's a mid. Yzermans a mid. The "heel curve" starts at the heel.

Coffey is just a monster curve. Try the Thornton, Yzerman/Gaborik, Brendl/Sundin if your looking for something similar.

Moumni_Bachir

Oct 18, 2003
Montreal, Quebec
Visit site
There is no "BEST" heel curve. It's only depend on your style.

I prefer the Simon Gagné one on my Easton Ultra Lite shaft. Good slapper and snap.

Also

The Sedin one from Jofa. Really good wrist shot, nice puck handling...poor slaps or is it just me but I fear breaking this stick every time I'm winding up because it's so light.

Hockeylover

Oct 5, 2005
medmed said:
What do you think guys? What are the best heel curves on the market. IMO the Poti one is among the best. It's rare having this kind of puckhandling with these curves.

I love to use my back-end shot. I would like to know if there are straight blade on the market. Do you think it is a good idea to play with such a blade when on offense? Thanks.

audfroid

Mar 10, 2002
Calgary
I've been using the drury curve for the last 4-5 years now and I love it. The puck seems to really take off when you shoot.

Joe Cole

Jun 17, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
I have used the Lindsrom curve for a few years, but bought a Nike Apollo with the Lemieux curve. It did an ok job, until I snapped it mid shaft on a shot.

I just picked up a Synegry ST Grip 100 flex with teh Lindtrom curve, and played last night. Scored top glove on a 2-1. It's good to be back home! :yo:

I also have a CCM blade on an old two piece composite that has a wicked heel curve.... Kaberale.

In the NHL, the weirdest curve has to be Peter Shafer of the Senators. It looks like he curved it used a sewer grate and his foot, just like in the old street hockey days. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->