Gilles Bouchard-Rouyn-Noranda
Chris Hartsburg-Erie
Joel Bouchard-Blainville

Europe:

Sam Hallam-Vaxjo
Roger Ronnberg-Frolunda
Olegs Znaroks-SKA
Lauri Marjimaki-Finland

Highly implausible but i got with Roger Ronnberg if we go with a european coach lol. Realistic options i would go with Darryl Sutter, him and Lindy Ruff would be a possession masterpiece granted he keeps Lindy on his entourage.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
The person who I would want the most from AHL is Keefe for sure

Would love that

There is a sliver of hope that if they get rid of AV, they may get someone outside the norm. Because right now, Gorton is the only GM that is outside the norm

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
Let's be real.

if AV gets canned, it's gonna be Ruff. Half the reason they brought him in was if they fired AV this season, they had a suitable replacement

He'd be fine for this season, but I would hope they get someone else during the summer

Zero of the reason to bring Ruff in was for insurance if AV were fired. It doesn’t mean Ruff wouldn’t become head coach if AV were fired, but the narratives with the coaching staff get deeper and deeper.

Reactions: YearOfTheCat

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
Zero of the reason to bring Ruff in was for insurance if AV were fired. It doesn’t mean Ruff wouldn’t become head coach if AV were fired, but the narratives with the coaching staff get deeper and deeper.
Think what you want, but if you don’t think the management had that on their mind when they fired Ruff, at least a little bit, I’m not sure what to tell you

There’s a reason AV didn’t want Ruff on the staff

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
AV didn’t want him?

See this where I start to feel as if I’m trekking into a flat earth society website.
When Freidman initially linked Ruff to the Rangers, there were people saying AV was very much against bringing him in

Then they got together, talked, and clearly it went well cause he got hired

But why wouldn't he have doubts about it. Ruff would be the easy replacement if he started losing (which he has been)

Articles have come out where AV says he knows Ruff is probably his replacement if he gets fired, and that he's not worried about it (I find hard to believe)

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
But AV Squad is such an ingenious name for his TV show. I don't even remember the show's name under Torts. Keep him.

ReggieDunlop68

hey hanrahan!
Oct 4, 2008
It’s a rebuild.
When Freidman initially linked Ruff to the Rangers, there were people saying AV was very much against bringing him in

Then they got together, talked, and clearly it went well cause he got hired

But why wouldn't he have doubts about it. Ruff would be the easy replacement if he started losing (which he has been)

Articles have come out where AV says he knows Ruff is probably his replacement if he gets fired, and that he's not worried about it (I find hard to believe)

Ok so just vague speculation and obsession with minutiae to create narratives in a social media cycle.

In other words, par for the course.

Reactions: Unusual Suspect

Kaapo di tutti capi

Jan 13, 2012
Nashville, TN.
I don't care what most people say about this but I say Mark Messier.

Great players tend to not be such great coaches (Gretzky, Trottier, Roy). I have no factual proof of this, just a personal theory of mine, but I think it's hard for these guys to explain how to do things because they play on instinct whereas guys like Tortorella or Laviolette had to actually think about what they were doing as players and consciously process the game.

How many times have we heard Gretzky say things like (paraphrasing) "I don't know how I do what I do." or "I can't understand how other players don't see what I see on the ice."? If you can't explain how you do what you do, how can you be an effective coach?

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Messier would be a terrible hire on so many levels.

The lack of experience is one thing, but he would have an unlimited leash no matter how bad things got. Dude is a legend here.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Ok so just vague speculation and obsession with minutiae to create narratives in a social media cycle.

In other words, par for the course.
AV said this exact thing himself...

“Oh so it’s just vague speculation to create social media narratives?”

No, it a real thing that everyone with eyes saw at the time and AV himself acknowledged and commented on.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
My personal top candidates are Sheldon Keefe (Toronto Marlies), Kris Knoblauch(Flyers assistant coach they hired to watch over Hakstol), Norm Bazin (UMass Lowell), Nate Learman (Providence) and Sam Hallam (Vaxjo). See who interviews the best, I probably prefer Hallam, although it is a real concern how he'd adjust to coaching in NA.

Can’t wait til the Flyers fire Hakstol so the Rangers can’t have Knoblauch, just like they blocked them on Laviolette.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->