Proposal: Best goalie to Edmonton

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Time to pay the piper and get a goalie and a top 4 RHD to Edmonton. Campbell will have to go the other way so that in itself will cost.

Campbell+Broberg+Holloway+2nd 2023+1st 2024+1st 2025 plus Ceci/Kulak/ Yamamoto . Your choice if you think there any value there. Goalie must be signed for at least 3 years. Can retain on Campbell provide the deal is dollar for dollar.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I hate to say it but I think we're better off buying out Campbell. It's a 1.5 million caphit. So that leaves 3.5 million for a goalie to pair with Stu. Trade for Vladar (2.2) or Vejlmelka (2.75) and platoon the goalies. We'd actually be more than a million dollars ahead. Rodrigue should be NHL ready by the time either V's contract expires.

Roughly 50-50 split for the season. Better goalie starts in playoffs.

I'm sure there are non Czech goalie options in that range too! I'd avoid the Ullmarks and Gibsons personally. I do think Skinner is capable of bouncing back after that playoff disaster from him.

The more important part, to me, is another RHD. Improve the D and watch the goalie be better! Last 2 cup winners had a good goalie and an exceptional D. We are one RHD away from having a very strong D core.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
I hate to say it but I think we're better off buying out Campbell. It's a 1.5 million caphit. So that leaves 3.5 million for a goalie to pair with Stu. Trade for Vladar (2.2) or Vejlmelka (2.75) and platoon the goalies. We'd actually be more than a million dollars ahead. Rodrigue should be NHL ready by the time either V's contract expires.

Roughly 50-50 split for the season. Better goalie starts in playoffs.

I'm sure there are non Czech goalie options in that range too! I'd avoid the Ullmarks and Gibsons personally. I do think Skinner is capable of bouncing back after that playoff disaster from him.

The more important part, to me, is another RHD. Improve the D and watch the goalie be better! Last 2 cup winners had a good goalie and an exceptional D. We are one RHD away from having a very strong D core.
I agree on everything you said but I hate buyouts. Campbell would be on the books for 8 years.

I like what Holland has done with the team since he took over I just wish he would reduce the length of contracts he hands out. If Campbell was signed for 1 or 2 years more it wouldn't be hard to move him.

Reactions: Czechboy

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I agree on everything you said but I hate buyouts. Campbell would be on the books for 8 years.

I like what Holland has done with the team since he took over I just wish he would reduce the length of contracts he hands out. If Campbell was signed for 1 or 2 years more it wouldn't be hard to move him.
Maybe Philadelphia for Hart you can send Campbell and also get Sanheim.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad