Best games you've ever seen

edmonton_ice

Jul 3, 2006
Edmonton
www.mulletsgalore.com
Well in person it would be...

Edm vs Dallas 1997 - Edmonton comes back from 3-0 deficit to win the game 4-3

On TV...

Oilers vs. Flames 1988 Playoffs - Gretzky's slapshot over the shoulder of Mike Vernon's shoulder.

Game 7 SCF Tampa Bay vs. Calgary

1990 SCF Final - Petr Klima scores the overtime winner and sitting on the bench for a couple of periods.

Other Little Mikey

Aug 31, 2005
Edmonton
In person:

Atlanta vs. Edmonton 2003. Pointless regular season game but the only line brawl I've ever been too. I will never forget Mike Bishai in the Atlanta bench, hilariously fun.

San Jose vs. Edmonton 2006, game four. My favourite game of those playoffs.

San Jose vs. Edmonton, regular season October 2006. Two natural hat tricks in the same game, Oilers come back from being down 4-1.

And the games themselves weren't really that great, but I'll never forget the Heritage Classic.

On TV:

Dallas vs. Edmonton 1997, game 3. Down 3-0 with less than 4 minutes left, Oilers tie and Buchberger wins it in OT.

Canada vs. the US 2002 Olympic final

Canada vs. the Czech Republic 2004 World Cup semi-final. That game was NUTS, and probably took at least five years off my life.

Den

Aug 9, 2005
Stockholm
www.recdir.com
Since this thread is devoted to Nastalgia...calling them Red Army seems totally proper...since they were ALWAYS RED ARMY to us...

It's OK now. Could have been more accurate at the intruduction of the name in the 70's. It didn't dawn on Russians to start calling Chicago "Indians from Chicago", for example.

toastman344*

Den
The ( New Year's Eve ) game BTW was quite mediocre

Mediocre ??? Tretiak sure didn't think so...According to him, it was one of his most memorable games ever...If memory serves he devoted an entire chapter to it , in his book...a Chapter he entitled ( yeah I'm just guessin here , since I read his book more than 20 years ago ) " A Beautiful Night In Montreal."

Final shots were something like 38-13 for Les Habs, so maybe that's why a Russian whippersnapper ... who probably never saw the game :) ...would disparage it ?

Kharlamov, again if I recall correctly, scored the tying goal... ' 3-3 ' chimed one of the sports casters...' Hooray , its a tie !' ( When was the last time anyone cheered a tie btw ? )

Cheers Comrade/ Happy New Year ! :)

toastman344*

Den
Do you really want to stop the discuussion?

Hmmm seems to me u were the one who upped the ante - by calling what so many Hockey Historians ( including Tretiak ) construe as one of the greatest games ever ' quite mediocre ' ...which led me to believe....YOU DIDN'T EVEN SEE IT...So , did u or didn't you ?

If NOT, then yes by all means, let's STOP this silly/ pointless discussion...

VASHE ZDOROVIE ! :)

Shadyone33

Aug 14, 2007
Toronto
My favorite game of all time is the SCF 2001 Game 7. I'll never forget the kick save Roy made on Elias when the game was still close, Joe Sakic's goal through Stevens legs and over Brodeur's glove as well as Borque raising the cup.

Another game that I really enjoyed was the goaltending battle in SCF 1996 game 4. a 63 save shutout in like triple OT is quite the accomplishment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->