OT: Best Flames games of the last season.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
So I've watched the Flames Kings clinching game, and the playoff win games like a hundred times now. What are your guys thoughts on the best flames games of this past season to rewatch?

xMatMcC

Jun 27, 2014
NL
So I've watched the Flames Kings clinching game, and the playoff win games like a hundred times now. What are your guys thoughts on the best flames games of this past season to rewatch?

Besides those games, id have to go with
-Come from behind win over Boston after trailing 3 zip. Mainly because my dad is a huge Bruins fan and it was very painful for him to watch, as we had $100 on the line!

-JG hatty over the Kings to tie the game, and then Giordanos beautiful OT game winner!

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
All of these, especially the aformentioned comeback on the Kings in Decemeber:

Plus the game where Johnny was singlehandedly decimated the Flyers, which was made even more amazing with Johnny's legendary, prophetic interview:

[NHL]785369[/NHL]
[NHL]785388[/NHL]

And the final win against Dallas was incredible. Actually both of the final games against Dallas were epic, though one was a SO loss.

Last edited:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Favourite game of the year was the 3-1 win over LA to clinch a playoff spot. A 4K-post GDT? Playoffs? Are you kidding me?

That whole evening was just euphoria. Will stick with me for a long time.

Yarborough

This is not a robbery, I swear!
Mar 14, 2015
YYC
Favourite game of the year was the 3-1 win over LA to clinch a playoff spot. A 4K-post GDT? Playoffs? Are you kidding me?

That whole evening was just euphoria. Will stick with me for a long time.

This describes that game perfectly.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
And the final win against Dallas was incredible.

I had never been more scared while watching a Flames game in my entire life. We were very lucky to escape with 2 points there.

In terms of my favourite games, besides the ones have been mentioned and the other "usual suspects," I thoroughly enjoyed our 6-2 dismantling of Montreal at the Bell Centre.

Kanye

Life of Pablo
Feb 25, 2012
Chicago
Game 6 against Vancouver was probably my favorite.

Was at my buddys for a house party, had the game on.. I think like 4 of us were Flames fans, 5 were canucks fans, the rest were Oilers fans (were cheering for the Flames, surprisingly)... When nucks were up, and the Flames came back we all just erupted. When Ferland (my buddy HATES him) scored the empty netter, he didn't let that one go

Probably my most memorable.

HM:
Gaudreau hattrick game vs kings
Knocking the kings out of playoff contention
Coming back (and unfortunately losing) to the Sens.. that was absolutely insane.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
1. Game 6 vs Canucks
2. Game 3 vs Ducks
3. 4-3 OT win against LA (Johnny hatty)
4. 4-3 SO win against NJ (2 goals in 2 minutes to tie)
5. 4-3 OT/SO win against Boston (3 goal comeback)

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Game Vs Ottawa on March 8th. Down 4-0 in the 3rd and tie the game to only lose in a shootout.

Edit: And this game

Love how quick the commentators jump to the "2 cups in 3 years" thing after the game ends :laugh:

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
I had never been more scared while watching a Flames game in my entire life. We were very lucky to escape with 2 points there.

It's games like that that we as fans live for, especially with how critical that central road trip was with the earlier losses to Dallas, Colorado, and Columbus.

[NHL]795998[/NHL]

Even the highlights get me tense :laugh:

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Both Boston games were awesome. Brodie's weird, weird goal and the Schlemko deke... awesome.

But it's the game against LA, no question.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
3-1 W against LA number one for sure
Game 6 against Van
Game 3 against Ana
5-4 SO W against NJ was awesome
Of course the 4-3 OT W over LA

Two other games I enjoy re watching are the 6-3 wins over TOR and ANA, mainly because in the TOR game we scored two short handed goals in the same penalty :laugh:

St Wardo

Registered Prophet
Oct 16, 2013
New Brunswick
Mine was the one where we were down 4-0 against Ottawa. We lost in the shootout IIRC, but my buddy was over and wanted to leave during the second intermission. I convinced him to stay, and we scored 4 straight within the last like 12 minutes or so

Wish You Were Here

Mar 14, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
October 15, 2014 - Calgary at Chicago
Hiller stops 49 of Chicago's 50 shots in a game in which the Flames fired only 18 at Crawford.
Chicago had 7 power-plays to the Flames 1.
Wideman scored in the 2nd period at even strength, Saad evened the game on a 3rd period power-play.
Backlund scored the winning goal at 4:35 of over-time.

That game cemented my belief that the players had bonded together as a team.
Seeing the "WTF just happened" expressions on the Blackhawks was precious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad