Best Ever Hockey Fights??????

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Some good fghts. One glaring omission that I noticed is Probert and McSorley. The fight that lasted like two mintues. Robinson and Schultz and Gillies and Schultz could also be shown. Domi and Probert as well. This was probably the most aniticipated fight ever.

How I miss the days of games having a lot of fights.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Coyotes Bandwagon
I nominate Daryl Reaugh, Stars color man, for Best Ever Hockey Fight Commentary. Check out the Downey / Boulerice fight.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
As mentioned, a young Clarke Gillies essentially destroying the reputation and career of then-NHL fighter extraordinaire Dave Shultz, circa 1975, was epic. It at once cemented Gillies reputation and ended Schultz's aura.

Likewise, Gillies three-act destruction of Terry O'Reilly in the 1980 Quarterfinals is noteworthy. A brilliant trilogy for NYI fans, on the way to the team's first Stanley Cup.

Crosby87.*

Actually, better fights on that list.

Ken Tasker vs. Trevor Senn
Craig Berube vs. Paul Laws

And Odjick kicking all of those St.Louis Blue's *****.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
As mentioned, a young Clarke Gillies essentially destroying the reputation and career of then-NHL fighter extraordinaire Dave Shultz, circa 1975, was epic. It at once cemented Gillies reputation and ended Schultz's aura.

Likewise, Gillies three-act destruction of Terry O'Reilly in the 1980 Quarterfinals is noteworthy. A brilliant trilogy for NYI fans, on the way to the team's first Stanley Cup.

Dropyourgloves.com has O'Reilly winning 2 of the 4 fights with Gillies in that series.

Trottier

Very Random
Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Dropyourgloves.com has O'Reilly winning 2 of the 4 fights with Gillies in that series.

Being that it was 27 years ago, I recall only 3 fights, with Secord taking on Gillies in the closing minutes of the last game of that series, in boston.

Ask the Isles on the ice who won the fights and what that did for the squad for that series and the rest of their run to the Cup that spring. They've only been quoted numerous times on it's impact.

Regardless, if it makes you feel better.... :)

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Being that it was 27 years ago, I recall only 3 fights, with Secord taking on Gillies in the closing minutes of the last game of that series, in boston.

Ask the Isles on the ice who won the fights and what that did for the squad for that series and the rest of their run to the Cup that spring. They've only been quoted numerous times on it's impact.

Regardless, if it makes you feel better.... :)

I did'nt say it had no impact,I'm just saying all those fights are reviewed on the afore mentioned site and they have 4 Gillies-O'Reilly fights in 2 games with 2 wins each.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I did'nt say it had no impact,I'm just saying all those fights are reviewed on the afore mentioned site and they have 4 Gillies-O'Reilly fights in 2 games with 2 wins each.

I found all 4 fights on youtube including the Gillies Schultz fight. No doubt Gillies shellacked Schultz early but look for yourself and see Schultz nail Gillies late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad