Best Enforcer Ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chartraw27

Aug 2, 2005
The way I remember it, Robinson, Bouchard, and Charty all had a hand in taming the Hammer in the mid 70s.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Heavyweights

A lot of great fighters already mentioned.

One of the best I have seen, not brought up yet, is Bob "Battleship" Kelly.

Flash Walken

May 10, 2005
Vancouver
jiggs 10 said:
Who cares? Enforcers are idiots who can't actually PLAY hockey, so this is a STUPID question!

I disagree.

Traditionally, an enforcer has been a player on the team who will defend his entire team if need be by dropping the gloves/punishing opposition players with hits while at the same time being able to contribute something on the ice, ie not being a liability.

There are very few 'enforcers' left in the game now, with the instigator rule. Now it's just blockheaded goons.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
jiggs 10 said:
Who cares? Enforcers are idiots who can't actually PLAY hockey, so this is a STUPID question!
If its a stupid question why did you answer. Some people differ from your opinions about enforcers. Why try and mess up a legit thread.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
td_ice said:
A lot of great fighters already mentioned.

One of the best I have seen, not brought up yet, is Bob "Battleship" Kelly.

That is going back a ways for me. I know he was a tough SOB when he played and he even played briefly for the Blues. He does have a huge rep and deserves mention though.

canucklehead

Feb 27, 2002
Koh Samui, Thailand
Visit site
Psycho Papa Joe said:
John Ferguson. Could score 30 and was one of the most feared heavyweights in the NHL. He is the standard.
Perhaps, and a good candidate. But I think Gordie Howe is being overlooked for obvious reasons, namely he was not defined as an enforcer. But who ever F'ed with Howe and didn't pay the piper directly? No one.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
canucklehead said:
Perhaps, and a good candidate. But I think Gordie Howe is being overlooked for obvious reasons, namely he was not defined as an enforcer. But who ever F'ed with Howe and didn't pay the piper directly? No one.

Lou Fontinato can attest directly to that. Gordie was defiatly tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad