OT: Best Commentating Crew in Sens history

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I liked Galley before he moved to the CBC/more national stuff. Now I don't particularly care or want for him on our broadcasts. It's whatever...

Don't really have anyone I disliked.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA
Will always have a soft spot for Dean Brown, but it doesn't get any better than what we got currently with Cuthbert/Miller and Ferraro/McClennan. Cuthbert is my fave.

I think as a whole, the TSN production is miles....MILES better than what Sportsnet provided. I LOL'd hard at the Ryan Dzingel/Mario theme segment...and then Jaimie Mclennan throwing in odd wrestling references....love it. Their jokes are funny and they're not too homerish but the whole team with the panel and Brent Wallace does a solid job each broadcast.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
It just sucks that the playoffs are always on CBC. It was unbelievable how utterly in the tank for the Habs they were during the last playoff series. It was nearly unwatchable.

SilverSeven

Apr 16, 2007
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm with Bionics. Dean Brown and Greg Millen.

I remember Greg Millen predicting a deep playoff run for the Sens VERY early in the 06-07 season. Always thought that was impressive.

Really had to go out on a limb for that one....

The Sens dismantled the league in 05-06. It was like watching the Harlem Globetrotters. They scored well over 300 goals and had over 100 more GF than GA. No team has even come close to that since. They were the best offensive team of the past 10 years and one of the best defensive teams of that time (really, that window could probably go 10 years on either side of that team...) Its shocking they didn't win a Cup in that time, but they were straddled with garbage goaltending outside of Hasek.

Mark Effin Stone

I miss Kuba
May 10, 2010
Stockholm
I like Cuthbert the most and Ferraro as the analyst. Much better now compared to the dark days of drunk ol Potvin rambling over a missed called, not a Dean Brown kind of guy either.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
(in french TVA is terrible. i like Yvon... RDS coverage is also bad)

i liked Brown and i liked Potvin.

Sensfanatic

Nov 8, 2014
I'm generally a negative angry guy but I really don't mind any of the broadcasters. Don't mind Dean and Gord on the broadcasts but Dean's pre game analysis tends towards rambling,inconsequential verbiage. I think he paints quite a good picture on the radio when I'm listening.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I liked Potvin, only because sometimes he would spill some sage hockey advice about the way a HHOF D thought the game.

Me too. He would be good to do a Sens Coach's Corner type segment at an intermission. Overall I enjoyed him, but he did deserve the criticism he got. Ferraro is a zillion times better, Obviously. But if Potvin ever comes back from Florida he could be a good addition in some way to Sens coverage.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Even more ridiculous now that they're on the radio. But then again, who listens to games on the radio nowadays anyways with all the online streaming options? Probably catering to the old people who still use radios.

People driving.

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
I didn't mind last night's call by Dave Randorf and Greg Millen. Millen was reasonably insightful, and Randorf was accurate and informative. He also had this great line: The battered, bruised and undeterred Boro "treats his body like a rental car."

Sort of made up for HNIC's odd all-Avs first intermission, which played like a local Denver production.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I didn't mind last night's call by Dave Randorf and Greg Millen. Millen was reasonably insightful, and Randorf was accurate and informative. He also had this great line: The battered, bruised and undeterred Boro "treats his body like a rental car."

Sort of made up for HNIC's odd all-Avs first intermission, which played like a local Denver production.

Yeah it's a good tandem. Not a ton of energy but not a bunch of airheads like the main broadcast can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad