Status
Not open for further replies.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
Skroob said:
uh, i think you are thinking of the wrong Sykora. The Sykora they got has a whopping 2 NHL games to his credit, not the one with 200 goals to his name.

The Clark you mentioned is Chris Clark, not Wendel, who, though retired, would do more for the caps than Chris will.

Ovechkin was already theirs.

And yes, Atlanta has been building. Columbus has been building. And the Pens too. The difference is, those teams have been adding to those young cores, veterans and established players to (1) teach the young ens and (2) remain somewhat competitive this off season now that the NHL is "fair." Washington has not done that.

But those additions are certainly larger than Muir.....that cant even be argued

The difference in between those teams and the Caps is, the Caps are in year 1 of the rebuild. And IMO they did add a few character guys to help the young players. They wont challenge for a playoff spot.....but again, its year 1 of the rebuild. How long have those teams been rebuilding? After a season or two is when they will make more noise with FA

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
If Minnnesota gets Kessel, I'll be happy but I don't think that'll happen. Minnesota might have done squat in the offseason but a lot of their upgrades came from inside the organization. Bouchard is really doing well at training camp, Koivu has been steady and Wallin and Veilleux did well last year. We got Burns back on d...

So we really didn't need to bring in more players other than White and Rolston...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad