Best Canadian Wrestlers

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
383px-Flag_of_Canada_%28Pantone%29.svg.png

In no order:

330px-Trish_Stratus_2018.jpg

Trish Stratus - Best woman ever? Wrestle Talk thinks so.
The Hart Family
Chris Jericho
Edge - No, not the U2 guitarist. ;)
The Rock
Roddy Piper
Kevin Owens
Chris Benoit
Christian (Cage)
Lance Storm
Bobby Roode
Sami Zayn
The Fabulous Rougeaus
Kenny Omega
Eric Young
Tyler Breeze
Rick Martel

Last edited:

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
For me it's Bret Hart, then Jericho, and then you can go in a variety of directions. You have top end in ring wrestlers who don't bring much outside of the ring like Benoit and Omega, all around talents like Owen Hart, Christian, Edge, and Owens, a top end talker like Piper who doesn't bring as much as the others in the ring but can entertain. I suppose that Earthquake, Val Venis, and Kowalski are also worth mentioning.

Also fun to see Nova Scotia's finest wrestler, The Rock, mentioned.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Canada produces some crazy top end talent.

I think Jericho is the best Canadian wrestler ever, honestly. I was never a big fan of Bret, but there's no denying how good he was.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
A few more to add to the list:

- Dino Bravo ( Laval, Quebec ) WRONG !!!!!!!!!!
- Ron Garvin ( Montreal, Quebec )
- Pat Patterson ( Montreal, Quebec )
- Gene Kiniski ( Edmonton, Alberta )
- Rocky Johnson ( Amherst, Nova Scotia )
- Ivan Koloff ( Montreal, Quebec )
- Leo Burke ( Dorchester, New Brunswick )
- Tyson Kidd ( Calgary )

EDIT: Screwed up on Bravo - he died in Laval but was born in Italy. :ha:

Last edited:

CaptainCrunch67

Aug 23, 2005
From my side of things, its Bret and Jericho and Trish and then a pretty significant gap to the next tier which would have guys like Edge and Piper and then another gap to the rest.

I really liked Lance Storm, and how great of a worker he was, and how he just didn't have charisma, but when he did his interview series with Corny he had a huge personality.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Bret, Jericho, Owen, Piper, Storm are my top 5. A few guys I like who haven't been mentioned yet are Steve Corino, Michael Elgin, Kyle O'Reilly, Shawn Spears and PCO.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Little Petey Pump is the correct answer

The favorites I grew up with are Jericho and Roode

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
From my side of things, its Bret and Jericho and Trish and then a pretty significant gap to the next tier which would have guys like Edge and Piper and then another gap to the rest.

I really liked Lance Storm, and how great of a worker he was, and how he just didn't have charisma, but when he did his interview series with Corny he had a huge personality.

There was something in Lance Storm as a character that could have been taken advantage of. He's a rare guy that late era WCW used well, as his Canada run was great. Maybe if WCW stuck around longer we could have seen him continue on and maybe get Callis as a manager at some point. I don't think that he was a consistent main event wrestler but his seriousness was legitimate and pretty funny. Made for a good character, and his wrestling was adequate.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
There was something in Lance Storm as a character that could have been taken advantage of. He's a rare guy that late era WCW used well, as his Canada run was great. Maybe if WCW stuck around longer we could have seen him continue on and maybe get Callis as a manager at some point. I don't think that he was a consistent main event wrestler but his seriousness was legitimate and pretty funny. Made for a good character, and his wrestling was adequate.

I'd say his wrestling was more than adequate compared to the majority of other guys back then. It's too bad he didn't come to WCW sooner. I think with the roster they had say two years prior he could have been a great mid-card guy. Would have loved a Jericho-Storm feud which would have been hilarious.

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I'd say his wrestling was more than adequate compared to the majority of other guys back then. It's too bad he didn't come to WCW sooner. I think with the roster they had say two years prior he could have been a great mid-card guy. Would have loved a Jericho-Storm feud which would have been hilarious.

Jericho vs Storm would have been good, and probably better the older they were. They certainly would have made it fun and I'm sure that Jericho would have made sure not to bury Storm in promos. If Storm had gotten more of a run I'd hope that he eventually started laying it in a bit more and being more natural, which was his main weakness. There was more goodness to be taken out of serious WCW-era Storm but it never got a continuation.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Skipper executed one of the most memorable spots ever and outside of that he’s completely forgettable

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Not the best of course, but we also had Val Venis, Vampiro, Test, Earthquake, Akam from Authors of Pain, Jinder Mahal, and others.

Bret Hart has to be considered the best ever though. Bret, then Jericho, then Trish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad