OT: Best All-time Enforcer

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Christ was probate like 45 when he was fighting brashear?!

Well Probert was about 34-36 yrs old I'd estimate when he fought Brashear and well beyond his prime.(with Chicago) He certainly won the first fight, but Brashear looked totally scared and was running away, but the 2-nd and 3-rd fights, very close. Probert hated that guy and really went after him.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Former Jet Jim Mckenzie was very tough and Stan Jonathon was one of the toughest ever.

In the toughest "pound for pound" fighters-Stan Jonathon was very hard to beat. At 5'-10, and weighing around 165lbs. he took on and beat some pretty big guys-"like Bouchard" ( never forget that fight)
Other tough smaller "pound for pound guys"
1) Stan Jonathon ( 5' 10" tall)-Boston Bruins
2) Tie Domi- ( about 5'9" tall)
3) Tiger Williams ( very tough-smaller side)
4) Bob Gasoff ( St.Louis) - 5'10" tall- Tiger Williams said he was the dirtiest toughest guy he's ever fought. Gasoff died young in a motorcycle accident. ( he would gouge guys in the eyes, and shove his finger in their ears-and twist apparently-"just an animal)
I'm no expert on these "pound for pound" best fighters, I'm sure there's a lot more- but it be hard to beat "Stan Jonathon"-one tough customer at 160lbs who'd fight anyone. His fight with heavyweight Bouchard is sure a "classic."

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Wendell Clark was pound for pound one of the toughest SOB's around.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Wendell Clark was pound for pound one of the toughest SOB's around.

Yes, I forgot about Wendell Clark- "very very" tough customer, but at about 5-10 or 5-11" , he looked very "big framed" may have weighed in at 190 - 200 lbs ? ( maybe less) He was certainly a tough guy, and fought lots of bigger guys then him. ( I'll add him to my list :)

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Gotta go with Gillies, although Probert was up there. These 2 scared the **** out of people...and won cups.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yes, I forgot about Wendell Clark- "very very" tough customer, but at about 5-10 or 5-11" , he looked very "big framed" may have weighed in at 190 - 200 lbs ? ( maybe less) He was certainly a tough guy, and fought lots of bigger guys then him. ( I'll add him to my list :)

His scrap against McSorerly in the '93 Semi finals is one of my favorites.

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
In the toughest "pound for pound" fighters-Stan Jonathon was very hard to beat. At 5'-10, and weighing around 165lbs. he took on and beat some pretty big guys-"like Bouchard" ( never forget that fight)
Other tough smaller "pound for pound guys"
1) Stan Jonathon ( 5' 10" tall)-Boston Bruins
2) Tie Domi- ( about 5'9" tall)
3) Tiger Williams ( very tough-smaller side)
4) Bob Gasoff ( St.Louis) - 5'10" tall- Tiger Williams said he was the dirtiest toughest guy he's ever fought. Gasoff died young in a motorcycle accident. ( he would gouge guys in the eyes, and shove his finger in their ears-and twist apparently-"just an animal)
I'm no expert on these "pound for pound" best fighters, I'm sure there's a lot more- but it be hard to beat "Stan Jonathon"-one tough customer at 160lbs who'd fight anyone. His fight with heavyweight Bouchard is sure a "classic."

Ya, I don't think Bouchard was the same after that fight, he broke his jaw and orbital bone if I remember correctly (or if the story is true).

If we're going pound for pound:
Stan Jonathan - all time
Rick Rypien - Not a big guy at all and was in some epic fights (RIP)
Domi - short but heavy
Clark - small, only 180 lbs
Mike Eagles
Mike Keane (not known as a fighter but could really scrap)
PJ Stock - up there on the lb for lb list
Jordan Tootoo - very small but tough as nails, whether you like him or not.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I had to give it to Domi because you could punch him hundreds of times and he'd still be standing. Hell he'd take on anybody and wasn't scared to do so.

Jordin Tootoo as well.

Rick Rypien was tough as nails.

Last edited:

Crocket

Jul 14, 2013
I had to give it to Domi because you could punch him hundreds of times and he'd still be standing. Hell he'd take on anybody and wasn't scared to do so.

Yup, often laughing while getting punched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad