Best 2003 draftee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquidrage*

We'll have a better idea after this year.

But in all honesy, I'm not impressed by Horton. There's literally about 10 guys I'd take as of now over him based on what I believe they'll do in the NHL.

Phaneuf, Carter, Richards, Staal, Zherdev, Parise, Kesler, Suter, Fleury. In no particular order. Like I said, I'm not just that high on Horton. A lot of that is injuries, and I think he needs to be totally healthy to play his game and be a great player. And as of now I just don't see it happening.

But going into this season it's really nothing but flying blind. With so many of these guys going to be on NHL rosters this year, we won't know for sure, but this time next year we'll have a better idea.

HabsBaby18*

Briere03 said:
2003 was a very deep draft. Who do you guys think will become the top player out of that draft pool?

I'm going with Nathan Horton. The guy is an awesome player.

Nikolai Zherdev

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
Briere03 said:
2003 was a very deep draft. Who do you guys think will become the top player out of that draft pool?

I'm going with Nathan Horton. The guy is an awesome player.

still lots of time for many to emerge...we havent seen the likes of Vanek etc play yet.....one if my favorites so far is Bergeron, may not have the offensive upside as others but not too shabby either, and great over-all game.

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Zherdev. He's going to put up 75+ this season. He had a sick second half two years ago. He was a point per game then.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
Marc-Antoine Pouliot :yo:

Actually I think that it will be Zherdev and Phaneuf........Phaneuf is going to be a Pronger type for many years.

Belizarius

Sep 17, 2003
Southern France
www.passionhockey.com
I would say Zherdev... But I'll wait at least 1-2 years before answering.

Lone thing, I can't remember a draft where nearly the whole 1st round is under contract less than 2 years after.
Only missing Boyle and Nilsson... wow.
Awesome draft... the 2nd round is as impressive as the 1st one.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Jessie Lumsden said:
Hands down, Phaneuf. If the draft was re-held today, you can't tell me he wouldn't go first overall.
I don't think he would, and I'm probably not alone.

Anksun

Dec 13, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Jessie Lumsden said:
Hands down, Phaneuf. If the draft was re-held today, you can't tell me he wouldn't go first overall.

I can tell you Staal and especially Zherdev would give him more than an hard time. Depending on the top picking team, i can easily see that team picking Zherdev in front of Phaneuf.

aspin

Sep 13, 2002
Regina
Visit site
Jessie Lumsden said:

Personally I would pick him #1. If he would not have missed the games he did he would have led Red Deer in points probably. He gets forward type numbers at the same time as being great defensively and providing an incredible physical force and leadership. Noone in that draft class is as dominating.

KILLger

Mar 2, 2002
Canada
Visit site
aspin said:
Personally I would pick him #1. If he would not have missed the games he did he would have led Red Deer in points probably. He gets forward type numbers at the same time as being great defensively and providing an incredible physical force and leadership. Noone in that draft class is as dominating.

That's because Staal and Zherdev were already being good in the NHL...

X-SHARKIE

Belizarius said:
I would say Zherdev... But I'll wait at least 1-2 years before answering.

Lone thing, I can't remember a draft where nearly the whole 1st round is under contract less than 2 years after.
Only missing Boyle and Nilsson... wow.
Awesome draft... the 2nd round is as impressive as the 1st one.

I have read that Nilsson is indeed under contract for this season on the Islanders board.

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Zherdev, and Phaneuf are the main draws in this draft IMO, Zherdev is so exciting to watch and he makes plays look so easy on the ice the guy is as true a magician with the puck as they come, and Phaneuf could be possibly the best defensive prospect in years IMO.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Scottkmlps said:
Hmmmm....Dustin Brown still gets over looked as one of the top players in his draft class. :shakehead
Because no one considers him the absolute best?

Bit of an overreaction, don't you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->