WJC: Best 1st line this year?

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
If Nylander-Andersson-Pettersson becomes a thing then it's going to be hard to beat (though it would be funny to see Lundeström there instead of Nylander, because of the song).

Rasmus CacOlainen

The end of the Tank
Sep 24, 2015
Europe
If Nylander-Andersson-Pettersson becomes a thing then it's going to be hard to beat (though it would be funny to see Lundeström there instead of Nylander, because of the song).
Nylander has been bad for the Sabres since being drafted. But plenty of hype for the other 2 and I suspect this may be the best top line whoever the third guy on the line is. But I think the US top line will be not far behind if at all.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Any lines to be excited for with Team Canada this year? We have the talent on the team no doubt but it's meshing together that will make things work for us IMO.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Still remember the 2008 WJC, with Taveras, Eberle, and Hodgson... Now that was a dominant Canadian team.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Any lines to be excited for with Team Canada this year? We have the talent on the team no doubt but it's meshing together that will make things work for us IMO.

The Canadian lines are so tough to guess at this point as the talent is so even. My best guess is ______ - Steel - Kyrou, but I really have no idea who that LW could be. Could be Dube(we like to rely on returning players), could be Formenton(all 3 are scratced tonight, which suggest they are locks and they were a line in practice), could be Steenbergen, could be Katchouk. I'd like to see Nick Suzuki given a chance there tbh, or Glass if he doesn't play center.

gretskidoo

Nov 26, 2011
Nylander has been bad for the Sabres since being drafted. But plenty of hype for the other 2 and I suspect this may be the best top line whoever the third guy on the line is. But I think the US top line will be not far behind if at all.
Nylander was tied for the lead with Kaprizov last year..

Reactions: felixpettersson

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Still remember the 2008 WJC, with Taveras, Eberle, and Hodgson... Now that was a dominant Canadian team.

I don't think that you remember it very well, given that only Tavares played in 2008 and in 2009 Tavares and Hodgson were centres on different lines.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Mittelstadt-Brown-Yammamoto was so incredible at the summer showcase, they'd be tough to beat. But I agree the Czech and Swede top lines (assuming AN plays) are going to be special also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad