Bertuzzi at the WCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macman

May 15, 2004
My only concern is his fitness. If he's in shape, I say let him play. He's done his time, which is more than I can say about Perozhogin.

time

Feb 26, 2005
I think he should play if he is good enough. He has not impressed me in big games (playoffs, WCs).

But why not throw him on as the 13th forward? Make him play his way into the starting lineup. Look what that did for Vinnie at the World Cup.

Burnaby_Joe*

I'm against him playing. He doesn't deserve to be there.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Jadakiss said:
I'm against him playing. He doesn't deserve to be there.

I'm for him playing. He does deserve to be there.

Well there goes your silly argument.

With Iginla gone, I think his assumed role as a power forward could be filled by Bertuzzi. Just another small reason to let him play.

Burnaby_Joe*

kmad said:
I'm for him playing. He does deserve to be there.

Well there goes your silly argument.

Well, that's your opinion. Why is it a silly argument? Is it because I don't want your "hero" to play?

Tell me why he derserves to play, please.

Nazzy-19

Mar 3, 2004
Vancouver
Jadakiss said:
Well, that's your opinion. Why is it a silly argument? Is it because I don't want your "hero" to play?

He should play because if the rumors about him wanting a trade are true, we need to showcase him so his value will go up. :)

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Jadakiss said:

It's a silly argument because you don't want him to play based on how you dislike him.

He deserves to play because he's one of the game's elite talents, and with Iginla out of the picture he's potentially the best Canadian right winger available.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the IIHF is recognizing the NHL's suspension which means TB can't play anywhere until the NHL lifts its suspension of him, right?

If that's the case, then I don't support the NHL lifting his suspension so he can play now. I thought from the begining he deserved to miss some regular season NHL games, and if the NHL lifts his suspension then he won't miss any. Of course, that's assuming that there'll be an NHL with NHL players next season, but.....

I'd love to see Canada win, and I know he'd be a great addition to the team, but I still don't think he should play.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Injektilo said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the IIHF is recognizing the NHL's suspension which means TB can't play anywhere until the NHL lifts its suspension of him, right?

If that's the case, then I don't support the NHL lifting his suspension so he can play now. I thought from the begining he deserved to miss some regular season NHL games, and if the NHL lifts his suspension then he won't miss any. Of course, that's assuming that there'll be an NHL with NHL players next season, but.....

Bertuzzi did miss an entire season of SEL hockey. He attempted to sign with Sodertalje in November but it was blocked by the IIHF.

Either way, I see your viewpoint. Much more mature than those expressed by others in the thread. This entire thread is hypothetical, though - if Bertuzzi were to be reinstated.

It should be obvious to anyone not biased against Bertuzzi that with Sakic and Iginla out of the picture, and Blake likely not participating due to the fact that he hasn't played all year, Bertuzzi would be a no brainer to add to the team.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
I agree with the poster that suggested adding him as the 13th forward.

Before Iginla declined, I would have said no for Bertuzzi... the team didn't need him. Now they could use him.

From what I hear Tambellini is already on it, trying to get the suspension now officially lifted.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Askel said:
Since when is Bertuzzi a goon? Do you even watch hockey?

wonder if they think that Thornton is a goon??

or if they have any problems with him being on the team, considering his recent actions?

Bertuzzi may be a goon though - but there's no doubt that he's an extremely talented one that can score, and dominate games on the ice.... a goon like that I'd welcome on the team!

maybe we can create an all-goon line with Thornton and Bertuzzi??

Steveorama

Aug 20, 2003
Oakville, ON
Visit site
I would love to see Bertuzzi wearing the Maple Leaf next month.
But it won't happen.
Bettman gets nothing for the league for lifting Bertuzzi's suspension. None of the revenue from the World Championships goes into the NHL's pockets.
So Bettman will leave the suspension in place until the league is in a position to make money from Bert playing. Then he can say, "hey, he was suspended for 18 months...we ARE tough on violence in our sport".
No way Gary Bettman lifts the ban prior to the work stoppage ending.

kremlin

Oct 11, 2003
Visit site
Askel said:
Since when is Bertuzzi a goon? Do you even watch hockey?
He's the worst of them all. Should not play again before Moore can resume his hockey career. Team Canada doesn't need thugs like Bertuzzi and NO, I'm not an Avalanche fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->