Bernier VS Berra VS Helenius

Matrix

Dec 16, 2005
Montreal
Who's your pick and what team could be interested in them???

Is the 1st round too early for any of those???

Is is possible that 1 of those 3 end up being picked end of 2nd round????

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
Hard to say really. This will really be the first year that we see the effects of the new CBA on drafting. I'm thinking unless there's really superstar potential there, goaltenders aren't going to be picked in the first.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
Bernier and Helnius should both go late 1st to early 2nd. Berra is overrated around here. I suspect a few goalies will go before him.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
Washington has two 1st round picks, I fully expect them to take a goaltender with their late first rounder from Nashville.

12# Peter Bondra

Apr 15, 2004
Considering Berra wasnt picked in his first eligible draft in 05, there's pracitcally no chance he will get picked in the 1st round this draft.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
sharks_fan92 said:
Is Jonathan Bernier related to Steve Bernier of the San Jose Sharks?
No, but he's the brother of Marc-Andre Bernier of the Canucks.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
I would draft Bernier with the Devils first round pick. He and Pavelec have had quite the duels in nets this year. He is the only reason Lewiston was anywhere.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
Bernier looked very solid in the U18 game vs Finland yesterday.

Big, quick, and seemed very poised and calm... I think he's a safe pick when it comes to goaltenders.

The Finish goalie looked OK... made some good saves but he didn't look very big, was lazy, and he hung too far back in his net. He can get away with that in juniors but I think he'll get lit up at a higher pro level.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Jason MacIsaac said:
I would draft Bernier with the Devils first round pick. He and Pavelec have had quite the duels in nets this year. He is the only reason Lewiston was anywhere.

Disagreed.

Cliché, Denny and Roach are the reaseon Lewiston was anywhere. Bernier was the reason they wern't in the 2nd.

insider

Nov 14, 2003
Mackattack said:
The Finish goalie looked OK... made some good saves but he didn't look very big, was lazy, and he hung too far back in his net. He can get away with that in juniors but I think he'll get lit up at a higher pro level.

I found he was always challenging the shooter... how can a shutout just look OK?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->