Bergfors vs B. Pouliot vs Bobby Ryan

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
its not than i dont like ryan, but ive seen him play a few times and it seems like he is skating in mud. I dont think his game will translate very well

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
its not than i dont like ryan, but ive seen him play a few times and it seems like he is skating in mud. I dont think his game will translate very well

I'm not worried about that.

Ryan is the 4th top ducks prospect to deal with skating issues. The other 3 are now NHLers...Lupul, Getzlaf, Perry...so I'm not worried...

WADEugottaBELAKthat

Nikishin turning heads.
Nov 21, 2003
CSKA MoskWTF?
I'm not worried about that.

Ryan is the 4th top ducks prospect to deal with skating issues. The other 3 are now NHLers...Lupul, Getzlaf, Perry...so I'm not worried...

I guess you have to take Ryan because he went so high in the draft - - but I thought Bergfors outplayed Ryan in the WJC. Pouliot has a way to go, in my mind, and will never be the 'difference maker' the other two are/

jurtur

Sep 6, 2005
Slovenia
Funny you should say that as you have Boby Ryan ranked as number one . Yestarday there was prospects game Kings vs Ducks and they both played , Kopitar was the best player on the ice and closest to the NHL stated by various fans who saw the game (Kings and Ducks fans) . ;)

Randall Graves*

I guess you have to take Ryan because he went so high in the draft - - but I thought Bergfors outplayed Ryan in the WJC. Pouliot has a way to go, in my mind, and will never be the 'difference maker' the other two are/
Ryan barely played..and despite that he was still one of team USA's leading scorers. He is a tremendous playmaker and knows how to score goals. He can play both ways and when he wants to, can be physical. His skating is below average but the Anaheim training staff has done a good job in the past and his work ethic is pretty decent.

190Octane

Jun 28, 2002
Fullerton, CA
Funny you should say that as you have Boby Ryan ranked as number one . Yestarday there was prospects game Kings vs Ducks and they both played , Kopitar was the best player on the ice and closest to the NHL stated by various fans who saw the game (Kings and Ducks fans) . ;)

That's funny, I didn't see Kopitar in the original post.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002

JS Giguerre> Dan Cloutier

but what does that have anything to do with this thread? :sarcasm:

jurtur

Sep 6, 2005
Slovenia
Kopitar was in the same draft class and i didnt want to start a new topic "Bergfors vs B. Pouliot vs Bobby Ryan vs A. Kopitar " , so it isnt just some player i like .

Transported Upstater

Kopitar was in the same draft class and i didnt want to start a new topic "Bergfors vs B. Pouliot vs Bobby Ryan vs A. Kopitar " , so it isnt just some player i like .

The bottom line is that Kopitar was NEVER mentioned in this thread until you brought him up for no reason at all other than to taunt Ryan supporters.

In other words, until you hijacked the thread.

EDIT: Although I see you already got there, here's a link for posterity: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=287962

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006

yeah but kopitar wasnt in this thread originaly. if he was, my list would be.

kopitar
ryan
bergors
pouliot

;)

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Bergfors
Ryan
Pouliot

I don't think any of them will turn out to be busts though. I just don't think Ryan and Pouliot will ever reach their ridiculous ceilings.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

The Kopitar love right now is getting a little out of hand on HF.

the thing is Kopitar was the most NHL ready player of his draft class other than Sidney...Bobby Ryan may have a higher ceiling but the question is if he can reach it...so with Ryan he can boom or bust...where as with Kopitar as a Kings fan your wondering if this is pretty much the player he will be for the next 10 years since he is NHL ready and has been NHL ready...or is there a higher ceiling that he can reach. If he can take his game to another level then you have yourselfs a franchise player...if this is close to the player he is always going to be then enjoy your second line center.

we will see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad