Speculation: Bergevin Press Conference

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
With the season almost over, will Bergevin speak early next week at the season ending presser? Will he be asked any hard questions? Will the plan be unveiled for the masses?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I'm sure he will speak but I doubt he will say anything that will give us any hope for the future or that we haven't heard from him and his predecessors a hundred times over. Habs management is all about saying nothing while pretending to speak. So if you're hoping to hear about a blueprint on how he's going to fix this mess (or even hoping to hear him admit that there is a mess that needs fixing) you'll probably be disappointed. What I do expect to hear from Monsieur "Pas d'excuses" are a lot of excuses: Price's injury, Weber's injury, Pacioretty's injury, Drouin adjusting to a new team and position, etcetera. Then he'll remind us all that "the answers are in the room" and throw the team under the bus just like he did at the end of last year.

Clearly the heady days of "It's on me" are long gone. Now it's everybody's fault except his.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
He will say he has a clear plan and vision for the future.

He will say he makes no excuses but injuries are hard to overcome. Despite the fact we sucked just as bad before the injuries.

He will say they tried to trade certain players but the deals just weren't there. Trades are hard. Do you expect him to trade Price for a centre?

He will NOT be asked any tough questions.

We will all be just as annoyed as he treats the fans like a joke with his bogus and pompous comments and offers absolutely no hope for the future.

Reactions: BPD Habs Fan

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
What he will say:

- Lots of injuries hurt us, we could not get going.
- It's a tough league. Look at Chicago this year, it's not easy.
- We are not satisfied but look at Tampa or Colorado. They bounced back and so will we.
- It's on me to find a center but I believe in the guys we have.

What he should say:

- I resign as General Manager and Vice-President of Le Club de Hockey Canadiens

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
The press conferences are so meaningless, yet there will be a thread with like 40+ pages in regards to it.

Anything Bergevin says usually isn't true or is super vague, on top of that the media is softer than Karl Alzer and never asks any hard/relevant questions.

Jul 6, 2016
He will say he has a clear plan and vision for the future.

He will say he makes no excuses but injuries are hard to overcome. Despite the fact we sucked just as bad before the injuries.

He will say they tried to trade certain players but the deals just weren't there. Trades are hard. Do you expect him to trade Price for a centre?

He will NOT be asked any tough questions.

We will all be just as annoyed as he treats the fans like a joke with his bogus and pompous comments and offers absolutely no hope for the future.

THAT is for sure !

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
What he will say:

- Lots of injuries hurt us, we could not get going.
- It's a tough league. Look at Chicago this year, it's not easy.
- We are not satisfied but look at Tampa or Colorado. They bounced back and so will we.
- It's on me to find a center but I believe in the guys we have.

What he should say:

- I resign as General Manager and Vice-President of Le Club de Hockey Canadiens

All of this ... He will lean hard on injuries and using Chicago and Ottawa as comparables and Tampa and Colorado as turnarounds .

Media will not challenge him .. They will laugh and joke ...and he will say trades are hard and we have a BIG draft coming up.

Jul 6, 2016
The best bergevin press conference would be IF he is not around. Mr Molson would be alone at the table saying big changes are gonna be made,OR announcing that MB, and his close assistants as well as CJ and most of the coaching staff (except Waite), as well as their whole AHL Laval team staff had been fired.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Ya nobody gives a sh$$ anymore.Lost total faith in the whole org

I was listening to Marc Dumont on with the TSN690 morning guys this morning. McKenna brought up the rift between Price and Hab fans (which I didn't know even existed) and McKenna said their was an even bigger rift and one that he's never seen this bad before and it was between the Habs and their fans and it's been going on for the past couple of years. Dumont said it was likely because of trust issues between the Habs and their fans and the only way to fix it is to win.

It seems to me ever since MB traded Subban the fans have really turned on MB and the Habs and I'm not sure there's a way to repair it while he's still the GM. The arrogance and the total lack of transparency for Habs management have really made many Hab fans feel indifferent towards the Habs. The losing certainly isn't helping either.

Here's the audio from the Dumont segment from this morning. What I mentioned above starts at about the 4:30 mark for anyone who wants to have a listen.

Dumont: Winning fixes everything

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
The media will talk tough going up the PC but once it finally starts we'll hear the classic Marinara joking with him, French media throwing up softies and no one saying a goddamn thing to Geoffrey. The Montreal media is pathetic. People chide Toronto but at least the reporters there have the cohones to actually challenge management/ownership.

Can't wait to hear Sean Campbell metaphorically get on his knees for Bergy at the post-presser round table.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm sure he will speak but I doubt he will say anything that will give us any hope for the future or that we haven't heard from him and his predecessors a hundred times over. Habs management is all about saying nothing while pretending to speak. So if you're hoping to hear about a blueprint on how he's going to fix this mess (or even hoping to hear him admit that there is a mess that needs fixing) you'll probably be disappointed. What I do expect to hear from Monsieur "Pas d'excuses" are a lot of excuses: Price's injury, Weber's injury, Pacioretty's injury, Drouin adjusting to a new team and position, etcetera. Then he'll remind us all that "the answers are in the room" and throw the team under the bus just like he did at the end of last year.

Clearly the heady days of "It's on me" are long gone. Now it's everybody's fault except his
That's what I expect also.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
stopped listening to him, and the tools at TSN 690, life is much better now. No more Tony, no more punch drunk Nilan mumbling on about god knows what.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
That would make for a great drinking game, or game in general. Everyone picks a phrase/sentence/expression and the one that is said more often wins

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
He's going to say some serious changes will need to be made for the organization to turn things around. Some friendships will have to be broken and some lives changed permanently. The team will then tell Youppi! he has to shave so Youppi! quits in protest. Nothing else will change, aside from the four year, $20M contract Thomas Hickey receives.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
With the season almost over, will Bergevin speak early next week at the season ending presser? Will he be asked any hard questions? Will the plan be unveiled for the masses?

A lot of people are looking forward to his explanation. I don't give a rat's arse.

He doesn't know what he's doing. That's the real explanation for this season.

I just look forward to the day, during/after next season, when he's fired.

Reactions: Beendair Donedat

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He's gone from "no excuses" to "no limit of excuses" for his piss poor performance. More blaming it on injuries, bad luck, and everyone else not named Bergevin. I suspect there will be more throwing of players under the bus, ala Drouin from earlier.

What do you expect from a high school dropout with no prior experience? He's awful. He's been awful. He will continue to be awful, until someone takes away his ability to make decisions.

Reactions: Habs100

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
I'm expecting some pro scouts to be fired before the presser. Trading last year for Ott/Martinsen/King and offering contracts to Alzner/Hemsky/Streit/Lucic clearly someone is not doing his job. Expecting the PK coach to get fired.

Hoping to hear someone asking :" yes you suffered injuries but you had a 2-11 record with a healty lineup, the season was over at that point what happened?"

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
one phrase that i am positive we will hear is "build through the draft" :rolleyes:
You'll hear it, but you won't see it. Bergevin will be making out like Trader Jack all summer in an effort to keep his job. A rebuild would only bear fruit long after he's fired but Band-Aid fixes that get you in contention for a wild card berth might keep him around for an extra year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->