RDS: The All Encompassing Bergevin Thread: "I know where we are going"

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
If he hasn't been fired by now it isn't going to happen. He would announce an interim if that were the plan and not let him make more trades..

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
If we insist on keeping MB as GM can we at least hire an excellent president to keep him in line? Lombardi could babysit him for only a few million a year.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Should have been fired in the summer 2013 at the latest after the debacle of thinking Briere/Murray/Parros would improve the team.

It's 2018 and he's still on the job.

Fired 55ish games after being hired ? That would have been a new record.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
What does he have to do to get fired? Do a press conference sponsored by Heineken or something?

I laughed because Heineken is distributed by molson. I imagined Geoff walking in going '' wow marc, promoting one of our brands AND being the best gm in the league?! how do you do it ?! nice work ''

MB is trapped, he wants to get fired but geoff won't do it. Its a fresh, modern take at Gilligan's island, turned into a dramatic reality show adapted to sports entertainment. They should copyright that shit.

Reactions: Vodka_Tonic

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
BTW, if you listen to Renaud's quote, he starts by saying that Bergevin has Junior's full confidence (yeah, like Junior's quotes about wanting the Nordiques back lol), which means nothing, really. Then he adds that Bergevin is there to stay.

I don't think Junior would have gone that far. It's just Renaud being Renaud.

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Come on, it's Renaud freaking Lavoie.

But if it can make a lot of poeple better, it's the same Renaud Lavoie that said/tweeted that Therrien wasn't going anywhere and that he was still Bergevin's man 2 days before Therrien got fired.....

Bro you gotta post these things faster man.

Reactions: dinodebino

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I was at the game tonight. I got tickets as a gift and I went because I hadn't left the house in 3 weeks due to my surgery.

The arena had so many empty seats. But worst of all, it was so quiet. Nobody gave a shit. It was seriously so sad to see. I have not seen the arena like that maybe ever. Even the animator in the fan zone was maybe giving a 10% effort. I wanted to record her "dancing" because it was so f***ing pathetic how little she cares about this game.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
If true... it is really really really depressing.

I begin to think that Molson put an internal budget and that is why we are under the cap by 8 millions

The Habs charge high prices for tickets and they increased ticket prices last year so if Molson did do that I would be livid if I were a Habs season ticket holder after paying such high prices.

Reactions: Runner77

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I was at the game tonight. I got tickets as a gift and I went because I hadn't left the house in 3 weeks due to my surgery.

The arena had so many empty seats. But worst of all, it was so quiet. Nobody gave a ****. It was seriously so sad to see. I have not seen the arena like that maybe ever. Even the animator in the fan zone was maybe giving a 10% effort. I wanted to record her "dancing" because it was so ****ing pathetic how little she cares about this game.

TV cameras rarely pan higher than the first 10-12 rows these days so you don't really notice the empty seats while watching on TV. How many empty seats were there in your estimation?

Hopefully your recovery is going well and you're feeling much better.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal

The arena had so many empty seats. But worst of all, it was so quiet. Nobody gave a ****. It was seriously so sad to see. I have not seen the arena like that maybe ever. Even the animator in the fan zone was maybe giving a 10% effort. I wanted to record her "dancing" because it was so ****ing pathetic how little she cares about this game.

Did you see the guy behind the penalty box with a paper bag over his head? That's my buddy! lol

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
BTW, if you listen to Renaud's quote, he starts by saying that Bergevin has Junior's full confidence (yeah, like Junior's quotes about wanting the Nordiques back lol), which means nothing, really. Then he adds that Bergevin is there to stay.

I don't think Junior would have gone that far. It's just Renaud being Renaud.
Totally agree with this. I listen to Lavoie from time to time on 91.9 and he's constantly seeing great stuff and how good the team is even when losing games and points, keeps focusing on the 'good' points. Totally delusionnal. To me he is not a reliable insider source. To me, he says what he thinks, that MB won't get fired, and he might be right, but that said, it would be pretty stupid at this point to not fire a guy who has played all his hand in a dumpster fire.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
TV cameras rarely pan higher than the first 10-12 rows these days so you don't really notice the empty seats while watching on TV. How many empty seats were there in your estimation?

Hopefully your recovery is going well and you're feeling much better.

There were easily over 1000 empty seats, especially in the reds. It was empty and it was very quiet.

I am doing well, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad