RDS: The All Encompassing Bergevin Thread: "I know where we are going"

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
If this is true... it saddens me to say it is exactly what I thought. If Bergevin is still with the team going into next season, I will be done with the Habs until that changes. I've been a fan all my life but I can't stand by and watch this cocky ignoramus ruin the team. I've already cut WAY back on my Habs watching this year which pains me to say. Franchise is an embarrassment.

Is this what Toronto fans felt like for so many years?

Reactions: Runner77

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
This gutless media in Montreal need to ask Bergevin the tough questions at the post season press conference...#1 why did you think it was important to protect Benn in the expansion draft.....#2 why did you low ball Radulov.....#3 why did you think this d-core was better than last year....and so many more.

Reactions: bluetib

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
This gutless media in Montreal need to ask Bergevin the tough questions at the post season press conference...#1 why did you think it was important to protect Benn in the expansion draft.....#2 why did you low ball Radulov.....#3 why did you think this d-core was better than last year....and so many more.

Nobody will do that... they're not allowed. Bergy/Molson will revoke their Habs press passes...

Unfortunately for Bergevin we're all out of Russians for him to blame

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
It shouldn't work that way, the contract's a sunk cost, but you're probably right.

Molson probably doesn't even know what a sunk cost is. Don't have to be smart or knowledgeable when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth.

I think the point the poster was trying to make was that he wants to minimize his costs by holding off as long as he can before he has to hire and pay a replacement GM.

Maybe this idiot owner shouldn't have extended MB for so long. Hope he learned his lesson and it costs him in the form of empty seats.

hockeyfan2k18

Feb 11, 2018
Not at all surprised. Our problems start at the top. Can't fire the owner so here we are. I will continue to stop putting money in his pocket.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I think the point the poster was trying to make was that he wants to minimize his costs by holding off as long as he can before he has to hire and pay a replacement GM.

Maybe this idiot owner shouldn't have extended MB for so long. Hope he learned his lesson and it costs him in the form of empty seats.
I know that's what the poster was trying to say, but the damage Bergevin has done to this franchise is insurmountable and his contract should not be a consideration in how to proceed.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Can't be too surprised. Terrible leadership top to bottom.

People need to stop spending any money on the team, that's the only way the other partners will step in and deal with the main problem, which is Molson.

Reactions: FireBurningBin

Roke

Jul 21, 2003
Winnipeg

That's the thing about sunk costs, they lead to inaction because whatever bad decision you've made (in this case, Bergevin's extension) has cost you a lot but that inaction costs you more in the end than stopping the bleeding and acting sooner.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I really hope this isn't true but with the huge amount of incompetence going around in the Habs front office these days I'm not even a little surprised to hear this. The suffering will continue. :(

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Take a Stevie Y and compare him to Bergevin...............one team is going in the right direction and one is not....both have been on the job for 6-7 yrs and it's not even close....

And yet, MB still not fired for his mess? Yzerman has his team a Cup contender...and we are a lottery team?

durojean

May 29, 2007
If true... it is really really really depressing.

I begin to think that Molson put an internal budget and that is why we are under the cap by 8 millions

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016
lol All the excuses are lined up :

- Weber Injury
- Price Injury
-Chicago Missing playoffs
- Ottawa missing playoffs
- Centers are never traded . Turris , Brassard , etc are not Centers ...
- Trading is hard , we build through drafting ... Oh Sergachev well we traded him for a C who was clearly not a C for reasons .
-other reasons

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Obviously. If that wasn't the case he would have been fired. Bergevin is going to rebuild this team people. Just accept it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad