Rumor: Bergevin expects Pacioretty back with Montreal

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Thank the lord. Maybe now all the shitty "Paches for 10th", "Paches for Nuge" hell even "Paches for Drai" proposals can stop.

Joe Sakic

Kaut + 1st
Jul 19, 2010
Colorado
It was reported that Montreal is attempting stockpile on young players and draft picks right?

Seems like they are doing a bit of a rebuild.

Patches is nearly 30 and has only 1 year left on his contract. It would seem it would make sense to move him at the draft for as many pieces as you could get.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
They got Domi, any continued rebuild is just overkill. Time to start renting guys at the deadline.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
It's almost as is other GM's don't want to give up young top 6 centers for the likes of Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. People who cry in this thread because he's not getting traded would be the same calling for Bergevin's head if he got traded for market value right now.

Reactions: travis scott

HabsForHire

"Expect the unexpected"
Sep 21, 2011
CT
Which is what we’ve all been saying since the start of all this.

Pacioretty just doesn’t have the value Habs fans seem to believe.

Hmm, please direct me to a confirmation that patches has no value. You think a GM is gonna say "ya so and so player will not be next year" before and negotiations/trade possibilities are looked at ? And if anything this guarantees max is moved, MB always does the opposite of what he says.

Pierre Lebrun

Nov 3, 2014
i mean he gets ask if Pacioretty will be in Montreal next season, he says yes... What do you people expect?

No the current captain of our team hasn't been traded yet, im not sure i will get fair value for him but yeah he's definitely not coming back.

Use common sense people, ANY GM would have said the same thing.
Exactly.... Stu Cowan is just like the rest of the crew that thinks they can GM better than Bergevin so they ask a question and take the answer and run with a negative narrative about the Habs. Engels, Basu, McKenna, Melnick, Marinaro, Cowan... all just love to perpetuate the negative narratives. None of which have ever been employed in a pro (or probably even amateur) hockey capacity but act as if they know what's best.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Hmm, please direct me to a confirmation that patches has no value. You think a GM is gonna say "ya so and so player will not be next year" before and negotiations/trade possibilities are looked at ? And if anything this guarantees max is moved, MB always does the opposite of what he says.

Nice reading - never said he had no value - just said he doesn’t have the value Habs posters here have been insisting since day one.

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
If they keep Max Pac, that's a lot of LW's with the addition of Domi.

Max Pac
Drouin
Domi
Lehkonen
Hudon
DLo

As for actual RW... or who can play RW successfully...
Gally
Byron
Shaw
Sherbak

That's a weak RW line.

So now in market for a Left 1/2D, 2 top 6 Centers and now a top 6 RW.

Yup... Julien will continue to hone his part time job of juggler... juggling lines that is!

Hopefully we luck out and draft well this year and get 2 more lottery picks in the next 2 years and within 4 to 5 years light trickles at the end of this tunnel.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
If they keep Max Pac, that's a lot of LW's with the addition of Domi.

Max Pac
Drouin
Domi
Lehkonen
Hudon
DLo

As for actual RW... or who can play RW successfully...
Gally
Byron
Shaw
Sherbak

That's a weak RW line.

So now in market for a Left 1/2D, 2 top 6 Centers and now a top 6 RW.

Yup... Julien will continue to hone his part time job of juggler... juggling lines that is!

Hopefully we luck out and draft well this year and get 2 more lottery picks in the next 2 years and within 4 to 5 years light trickles at the end of this tunnel.
Drouin is a RW
So it's more like
Gally
Drouin
Scherback
Seems solid to me
And byron is a Lw

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Pretty sure Drouin is LW.

Drouin plays both sides. With the Lightning he seemed to be more of a goal scorer on the right and more of a distributor on the left but that appearance could just be due to small sample size.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->