Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
How do you pronounce this guy's name?

I keep hoping we can call him "bear gloves off"

EliteProspects has a pronunciation thing, but not sure how accurate it is. They say it's "Bee-Ree-Glaz-ov"

I would have thought it's "Bear-E-Glaz-ov" but :dunno:

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
EliteProspects has a pronunciation thing, but not sure how accurate it is. They say it's "Bee-Ree-Glaz-ov"

I would have thought it's "Bear-E-Glaz-ov" but :dunno:

Doesn't matter, Tawnos already decided his name when he said bear gloves

RangerFan10

I don't see Graves making the team unless there is significant turnover this offseason(i.e Staal is moved).

Clendening, while I like him, will not be back next year. AV doesn't like him, and unless he is canned, I doubt Clendening even wants to be back with how he was treated

I think Bereglazov will be the 3RD next season. I've seen a few people say it, but he probably had multiple offers, I doubt he is going to sign with the team unless he was given some indication he'll be playing for the big club and not Hartford

If they can do something like

McD-(Trade/Shatty)
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Bereglazov
Kampfer/Holden

I would be fine with this

We'll see, but I would be comfortable with him in the starting lineup next season
It's going to take a lot of different moves to afford both Shattenkirk and Smith, and get rid of Girardi and Klein.

Stasis

Mad Decent
Oct 25, 2009
NYC & MTL
I'll temper my excitement until we see what he does here. Still good news...

We need to move some ppl.

McDonagh - X
Skjei - Smith
Staal - Bereglazov

Could potentially be great. I have a feeling that X will still be Girardi. And then Smith.

We can't get rid of them all.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Pretty sure they keep Girardi. He is a massive part of the team culture. And it's a good team culture. He is not as bad as people say. He's injured and also a lot of the defensive probs are team not individual issues. Just my two cents. Staal, I'm not sure. He may get bought out.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Smith is better on the right than the left so far as a Ranger. Not that he's spent much time on the left here. The only thing that matters is what a player trained as, not what his handedness is.

Nothing bad about this move at all. As always, expectations in check.

When Smith was to the left, who was his partner to the right? Does that explains this?

Smith has done a good job here on the right. Holden has been OK for sure on the right. But take Holden for example, I think he is more steady on the left and that he has -- much -- fewer break downs on the left. Its a handicap for him too.

Could Bereglazov play on the right side? Possibly. But he is going to end up in many tough situations. Fetching pucks in the corner with his backhand with his back against the ice etc. Its just a disadvantage for him. Playing in the NHL is tough for anyone, add a disadvantage like that on top of it -- its not good.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
That's not how that works. RHD means Right Handed Defenseman. RD means Right Defenseman. Same goes for Left.

Please learn the difference.

Lots of people play hockey the opposite of their handedness. I'm right handed. I write, throw a ball and swing a bat righty, but I play hockey with a left handed stick. Ostensibly, that means I would play left defense as my normal position.

I'm assuming that was what lucky was referring to, anyway.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
When Smith was to the left, who was his partner to the right? Does that explains this?

Smith has done a good job here on the right. Holden has been OK for sure on the right. But take Holden for example, I think he is more steady on the left and that he has -- much -- fewer break downs on the left. Its a handicap for him too.

Could Bereglazov play on the right side? Possibly. But he is going to end up in many tough situations. Fetching pucks in the corner with his backhand with his back against the ice etc. Its just a disadvantage for him. Playing in the NHL is tough for anyone, add a disadvantage like that on top of it -- its not good.

With the speed of the game, it's a lot more difficult to play the offside. The reason we talk about is it's a real problem. Defenseman that can competently play the offside in the NHL are rare.

For instance, McD was successful playing the offside in the Olympics. When he plays the offside in the NHL, he gets clobbered. He has gotten injured at least 2-3 times when he played the offside.

Now I have no issue with the Rangers signing all the lefties they can. We may need righty's but the more good prospects in the system the better, it doesn't matter which way they shoot.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Alex Nunn‏
@aj_ranger

Follow
More
Alexei Bereglazov - who will reportedly sign w/ #NYR after KHL deal expires April 30 - named to Russia's initial World Championship roster.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
Pretty sure they keep Girardi. He is a massive part of the team culture. And it's a good team culture. He is not as bad as people say. He's injured and also a lot of the defensive probs are team not individual issues. Just my two cents. Staal, I'm not sure. He may get bought out.

Staal trade to Minny to be close to family in Thunder Bay & Eric is something I can definitely see happening after they lose one of Brodin/Scandella.

I agree with you there. Girardi after some time off still isn't Corsi friendly, but those gaffs have lessened.

Klein will have a lot more value than people would think for a healthy scratch.

Holden too. He's got great contract value for what he brings, even though I don't link him.

Tim Heed is a player I want. Played forward, and can play forward well. Lethal on the PP.

McD-Shatt
Sjkei-Smith

Holden/Berez/Heed/Graves/Folin/Girardi
Kampfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad