Rumor: "Bereglazov to continue career with Rangers"

Status
Not open for further replies.

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
https://www.championat.com/hockey/n...ereglazov-prodolzhit-kareru-v-rejndzhers.html

Not sure how reliable, but thought I'd make a new thread with the rumor title for now.

Edit: Translation

As it became known to the "Championship", Alexei Bereglazov will continue his career in the NHL. The defender of the Magnitogorsk Metallurgist, who ends his contract with the Ural club on April 30, 2017, will sign an agreement with the New York Rangers. Also St. Petersburg SKA was interested in hockey.

In the regular season-2016/17, the 23-year-old hockey player played in all 60 games, having recorded 19 (1 + 18) points at the score of "+9" and 20 minutes of penalty time at his own expense.

In the playoffs of the Gagarin Cup-2017, Bereglazov played 13 games, noting 6 assists.

Last edited:

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I have said this a few times the last 2 years but it is really nice to see the Rangers be a destination for young talent again. Last year I wanted Zaitsev, and I honestly think Bereglazov will be just as good. It will be fun to hear people mispronounce it as Berezgalov haha.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Its his birthday today.

I've looked over this, and it seems like these articles are citing "sources" who say he'll join the Rangers. There was also supposedly interest from SKA.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I gotta think Buch helped with this signing. They played together on the 2014 Russian WJC team. From looking over their instagram pages, they would comment on a lot of each others photos a few years back. Its stopped recently, but I would think there's at least some familiarity there between the two of them, and they might be good friends.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
as i said in the other thread, hes a big guy. skating needs work. hes a project for sure. does he want to play in hartford ?

we have zaborovskiy now and hes similar in many ways. both tall guys who play a defense first game.

the skating here worries me. has a tough time with wide speed on larger surfaces.

suddenly, we have russians !!??

glees68

Penn State
Dec 20, 2008
Pittsburgh
Have to think he'll be with the big club at some point next year. Hard to see him coming over if it wasn't promised/offered.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I have no doubt he could step in next season and play on the third pairing

I believe he was on the top pairing for his team during the playoffs

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
I have no doubt he could step in next season and play on the third pairing

I believe he was on the top pairing for his team during the playoffs

i would have some doubt about that.

while i agree that this team needs a low cost, value dman to play minutes next season, im not sure this is that guy. i didn't see anyway he makes the team out of camp without some A time. his skating isnt AV good enough.

i would think a guy like ryan graves would have the advantage over this kid.

like i said before, prefer clendo over anyone.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
As it became known to the "Championship", Alexei Bereglazov will continue his career in the NHL. The defender of the Magnitogorsk Metallurgist, who ends his contract with the Ural club on April 30, 2017, will sign an agreement with the New York Rangers. Also St. Petersburg SKA was interested in hockey.

In the regular season-2016/17, the 23-year-old hockey player played in all 60 games, having recorded 19 (1 + 18) points at the score of "+9" and 20 minutes of penalty time at his own expense.

In the playoffs of the Gagarin Cup-2017, Bereglazov played 13 games, noting 6 assists.

http://translate.google.com/transla...prodolzhit-kareru-v-rejndzhers.html&sandbox=1

serakk

Feb 13, 2007
ny
He will be able to sign after Apr 30th when his current contract expires, aq lot may change in these 10 days

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
This would be a GREAT signing. Really hope it gets official in 10 days.

A free, young defenseman that should be able to play in a bottom pair role next season for a low cap hit...yes please.

edit - Oh and that size..6'4, 205lbs.

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
i would have some doubt about that.

while i agree that this team needs a low cost, value dman to play minutes next season, im not sure this is that guy. i didn't see anyway he makes the team out of camp without some A time. his skating isnt AV good enough.

i would think a guy like ryan graves would have the advantage over this kid.

like i said before, prefer clendo over anyone.

I don't see Graves making the team unless there is significant turnover this offseason(i.e Staal is moved).

Clendening, while I like him, will not be back next year. AV doesn't like him, and unless he is canned, I doubt Clendening even wants to be back with how he was treated

I think Bereglazov will be the 3RD next season. I've seen a few people say it, but he probably had multiple offers, I doubt he is going to sign with the team unless he was given some indication he'll be playing for the big club and not Hartford

If they can do something like

McD-(Trade/Shatty)
Skjei-Smith
Staal-Bereglazov
Kampfer/Holden

I would be fine with this

We'll see, but I would be comfortable with him in the starting lineup next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->