Benoit Pouliot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
Brule, Price and Latendresse are having solid starts in preseason, but how has Pouliot progressed? I saw half of the Wild/Hawks game and I didn't even notice him out there. The only time I saw him was in the shootout where he didn't score. Although he did look pretty smooth when I did see him. Did anyone else see him play?

fullmetalninja

Jan 11, 2003
Chicago
I saw him in the First Hawks/Wild game about a week ago. Wasn't nearly assertive enough but the kid could really stick handle.

Not close to being ready, IMO- but looks to have a ton of skill.

-fullmetalninja

jcpenny

Aug 8, 2002
Montréal
Visit site
fullmetalninja said:
I saw him in the First Hawks/Wild game about a week ago. Wasn't nearly assertive enough but the kid could really stick handle.

Not close to being ready, IMO- but looks to have a ton of skill.

-fullmetalninja
I watched thatgame i tought hw looked good but hes clearly not ready. Brent Burns was incredible future, all star.

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
i went to the pheonix vs wild game and Burns looked great. On one of the Playes he skates it down the ice past like 3 of there men and leaves a drop pass for walz who one times it in. The rest i have heard on the radio and hes sounded good. Pouliot has really good stickhandeling and some AWSOME moves, He should go back to sudubury or whetever it is for another year. He will be good.

DW

May 3, 2003
MN
Visit site
Give you one guess. Shouldn't be too hard.

He (Burns) has a chance like every other player. He's played well so far but let's hold off the future all-star predictions until he's played a half a season or so as a NHL d-men. By then, we'll have a better idea in his future stock. Not a given either but playing nightly against other NHLers will be a better test of his development.

What I've read of Pouliot says he's shown flashes of the skill set he posesses so far but with no consistency. He should be off to Sudbury in the morning unless he get's cut tonite. I believe he's playing in the game with Florida tonite.

firstroundbust

lacks explosiveness
Mar 3, 2004
Parts Unknown
Pouliot had an off night last night...he was a force tuesday night tho...he doesn't look out of place at all, even commands play at times...

as for Burns, he's gonna turn alot of heads...he was a steal imo, alot of potential, and he's just what the wild needed, an offensive dman with a great defensive side...I really like him on the PP with Rolston at the point...

chaachie12

Mar 13, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
Visit site
you aren't the only one JC, I think people underestimate his skills, as he hasn't ever been a "sexy" prospect. You can tell the Wild love him, and he should be a staple on the Minnesota blue-line for years.

ndhockey21

Aug 1, 2004
North Dakota
He looked very good tonite. He will more than likely need a year in juniors but played on the pp all nite and can pass, stickhandle, and pretty much do anything well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad