Recalled/Assigned: Ben Hanowski Recalled

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
AHL transactions

Stempniak is taking a few personal days and McGrattan may have been hurt at practice.

Lee Stempniak left practice early today and will be away for a few days due to a personal reason.

McGrattan helped off the ice by the trainers. We'll see if he returns. #Flames

Which brings up the question, "Why Hanowski?" He was recently scratched in consecutive games and one would think all of Granlund, Reinhart, and Knight deserve a callup before he does. Granlund, Reinhart, and Knight are out on a roll so no use in bringing them up to play on the 4th line or be scratched. Plus, with wingers like Poirier, Gaudreau, and Agostino turning pro next year, Burke might want to see what he has in Hanowski since he is an RFA at the end of this year.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Yeah why not. We know Knight, Granlund, and Reinhart are keepers, so let's see what this guy does with his last real shot at the NHL. Id like to see some Billins too. I think Breen has shown us his ceiling

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
AHL transactions

Stempniak is taking a few personal days and McGrattan may have been hurt at practice.

Which brings up the question, "Why Hanowski?" He was recently scratched in consecutive games and one would think all of Granlund, Reinhart, and Knight deserve a callup before he does. Granlund, Reinhart, and Knight are out on a roll so no use in bringing them up to play on the 4th line or be scratched. Plus, with wingers like Poirier, Gaudreau, and Agostino turning pro next year, Burke might want to see what he has in Hanowski since he is an RFA at the end of this year.

Has to be that I think. Hanowski may not be all that rare of prospect, but Burke should see the value of having decent young bottom 6ers. Hopefully he impresses enough to stay in the lineup to fill in for Gratts, upper bodies at that age as an enforcer can be enders :(

WhereIsIt

alongtheboards
Jan 21, 2010
Calgary
www.alongtheboards.com
If they are looking to fill in time on the fourth line, Hanowski fits the bill more than any of the others. That could be their thought process. From what I've heard it seems as though they are grooming him for a bottom-six role, probably a good decision with the names we have in the pipeline.

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
The Flames want to see as many players as possible. We've seen Reinhart, Jones, Byron, Street etc. But Hanowski is big, young and played well last year at the end of the year with CGY. He'll probably only play a couple games anyways. Knightand Granlund should probably stay in the AHL tis there rookie year

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd love to see both Granlund and Knight get callups just so they can get a taste. It would be good for their development.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad