Laval Rocket: Belleville Senators at Laval Rocket 7:00 pm - Watch on RDS2

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Both Tuch and Xhekaj so close to scoring tonight, would have been a nice way to end the season for them. Tuch's speed is clear, fully expect to see him get some games in the NHL next year at some point.

Mailloux with a good game, though the push from behind was weak.

Heineman and Farrell were solid as well.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I know they want to stir up fan support, but this strategy of filling out the roster with gars de chez nous vets really doesn’t work

I’m all for bringing in local guys to fill out some holes here and there but they gotta have at least some talent. What exactly did guys like Bourque, Maillet, Durandeau,Perrault, Simoneau, Bisson, Galipeau bring? That’s 7 roster spots used up for what?

They should bring in the best talent possible regardless of where they are from.

I won’t even get into what I think of the coach

Bourque brought NHL experience for the cost of an AHL contract (so you won't get the best vets for that). He was good the first two year, but I think his body crumbled this year. A year too much in hindsight, but 20/20.

Maillet was a good bet being a good KHL player (and previously AHL). He struggled at the start but still ended tied 33rd in the AHL for points (2nd highest on team).

Durandeau and Perreault were late year trade trying to shake things up (didn't work).

Simoneau actually brought a lot, not sure why you're complaining. Probably the forward the team missed the most when he wasn't there.

Bisson is actually a pretty AHL D and helped stabilize the D because everyone else (except the injured Keeper) is an offensive D.

Galipeau was supposed to be around our 8th AHL D at year start so not sure what kind of quality you expected at that spot.

The biggest roster failures IMO were:
Not getting another G earlier when Dobes/Mann were in trouble.
Not trading Norlinder for a defensive guy to balance the D corps, especially after Keeper went down.
The shake up trades needed to happen earlier and be more aggressive.
Personal opinion, but I think they should have tried Laaouan in the AHL before trading him as he is what the D corps really needed.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
speak of the devil, nice pass in front of the goalie you keebler elf.

I prefer simoneau tbh. Kid has the heart of a lion. Plays like a cannonball, fearless. Isn't offensively redacted like Condotta. + he's a hometown kid.

Condo is signed through next year, though. he's coming back.
Laughing at the Keebler elf bit lolol. God I’m glad you’re back

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Bourque brought NHL experience for the cost of an AHL contract (so you won't get the best vets for that). He was good the first two year, but I think his body crumbled this year. A year too much in hindsight, but 20/20.

Maillet was a good bet being a good KHL player (and previously AHL). He struggled at the start but still ended tied 33rd in the AHL for points (2nd highest on team).

Durandeau and Perreault were late year trade trying to shake things up (didn't work).

Simoneau actually brought a lot, not sure why you're complaining. Probably the forward the team missed the most when he wasn't there.

Bisson is actually a pretty AHL D and helped stabilize the D because everyone else (except the injured Keeper) is an offensive D.

Galipeau was supposed to be around our 8th AHL D at year start so not sure what kind of quality you expected at that spot.

The biggest roster failures IMO were:
Not getting another G earlier when Dobes/Mann were in trouble.
Not trading Norlinder for a defensive guy to balance the D corps, especially after Keeper went down.
The shake up trades needed to happen earlier and be more aggressive.
Personal opinion, but I think they should have tried Laaouan in the AHL before trading him as he is what the D corps really needed.
They weren’t good enough - need to have better vets regardless of their last name.

We needed big time help help the stretch and you’re telling me they couldn’t do better than Durandeau and Perrault ? We all know it’s because they are local guys.

Pretty sure none of the guys I mentioned will be back next year

And jeez you really think Simoneau has any NHL potential? I get the heart thing but the guy is 5’7 with limited talent and with Farell and Bourque there already were too many smurfs

This team was very poorly constructed

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
The stench of having a bare cupboard of prospects from MB is almost over. By next year, Laval should have majority drafted players pining to make the Habs.

I've never been a fan of plugging in "never nhlers" and giving them letters.
The Captains of Laval should be like Pezetta (nhl salary) who just isnt good enough for 4th line duties, but knows exactly what it takes to get to the big team.

It needs to be a player who can simply put his ego aside and accept his position as an organizational imperative, which is more valuable than being a black ace.
Yes, Guhle, Struble, Harris, Roy, Romanov, Xhekaj, Caufield, Primeau have all graduated

Only leaves Kapnen, Mailloux, Dobes and Tuch from that era really.

Beck, MESAR, Reinbacher, Xhekaj, Engstrom will fill that void in Laval!

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad