B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
#Development

"Selleck played a ton of this game for some reason and the Marlies ate him for breakfast. Englund’s goal was his first of the season (in game #60!).
With the BSens playing no meaningful games at this point Kleinendorst continues to favour his veterans to no meaningful effect. Selleck, who isn’t really an AHL-player, has been on the first or second line in four of his five games; Blunden and Reinhart, who have both been awful all season long, are anchoring the second line; Moutrey, who doesn’t have offensive skills, has spent half his time on the first line. Chlapik, one of the most talented players on the roster, has been buried in the third line for the last six games and seen his point totals dry up accordingly.
The conservatism has seen the coach attempt to have just two defensemen play entire penalty kills (contributing to the recent 8-13 PK run) and the second unit powerplay has now gone 16 games without a goal (the one constant on it is Blunden)."

Reactions: Karl Prime and Deku

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Hopefully, next season PD does not re-sign any of the UFAs in the organization & there are a few RFAs they should not re-sign either. Selleck I believe is on an AHL contract which I hope is only for this yr & Taylor, Blunden & Randel are all UFAs & hopefully they will not be re-signed either. There are a couple more who unfortunately have contracts going into next season too & unless traded could still be around. Maybe by this time next yr they will have turned things around & gotten rid of some of the dead weight in this org including in management.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
To me it's a no-brainer to play the guys who have a chance at playing with Ottawa the most - White, Chlapik, Paul, Perron, Gagne, Jaros, Englund, Lajoie. If the argument to not doing that is that there would be too much inexperience and errant play would cost the team wins .... well, the team is last place now with the "veterans" playing a lot. There is literally nothing to lose to play the young guys a lot the rest of the season.

Reactions: Joeyjoejoe and Deku

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
To me it's a no-brainer to play the guys who have a chance at playing with Ottawa the most - White, Chlapik, Paul, Perron, Gagne, Jaros, Englund, Lajoie. If the argument to not doing that is that there would be too much inexperience and errant play would cost the team wins .... well, the team is last place now with the "veterans" playing a lot. There is literally nothing to lose to play the young guys a lot the rest of the season.

I think the idea is to bring the players along properly and not having them in over their heads.

Reactions: aragorn

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
KK interview on 1200
Kleinendorst: Above all else, Colin White needs to improve one thing

White man strength
Paul is inconsistent
Gagne not comfortable defensively
Chlapik most skilled player
Jaros after christmas next year due to injuries
Lajoie top 4 minutes now

He really is a pleasure to listen to, and he was emphatic that as good as White is right now, he just isn't strong enough. I can live with that. Not rushing kids is a good plan, however sounds like "Nicky" Paul may be back sooner rather than later!

Reactions: aragorn

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
KK interview on 1200
Kleinendorst: Above all else, Colin White needs to improve one thing

White man strength
Paul is inconsistent
Gagne not comfortable defensively
Chlapik most skilled player
Jaros after christmas next year due to injuries
Lajoie top 4 minutes now

That sounded like a very reasonable interview to me, it sounded like a good explanation as to why players are where they are. You have to think the guy who watches the players the most would have the best idea as to where they are in their development & where they need to be a little better than fans, don't you think?

Good to see Lajoie is playing well in the top 4 these days, really hope they bring up Paul, Ch;lapik & Gagne at some point before the end of the season. The future continues to look bright for this org.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave Sparky Allison

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey Tonite.
Belleville Senators vs Laval Rocket
Game #867: Friday, March 9, 2018
Place Bell - Laval, QC
@ 7:30 PM

Belleville 22-35-1-3
Laval 22-29-6-2

Past 10
Belleville 2-8-0-0
Laval 4-6-0-0

30 Teams in the AHL
Belleville #30 PCT. 0.393
Laval #27 PCT. 0.441

Streak
Belleville 0-2-0-0
Laval 0-2-0-0

OFFICIALS
Referee Terry Koharski (#10)
Referee Corey Syvret (#42)
Linesman Jonathan Paradis (#54)
Linesman Christopher Provost (#57)

Head to Head Record
2017-18 Regular Season
Laval 6-1-1-0
Belleville 2-6-0-0

Two bottom dwelling teams playing it out with 5 weeks to go in the regular season..... Some players are playing for a contract next season...... I expect big changes in Belleville next season, with very few of the UFA and RFA being resigned..........

Lets go Sens......

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That sounded like a very reasonable interview to me, it sounded like a good explanation as to why players are where they are. You have to think the guy who watches the players the most would have the best idea as to where they are in their development & where they need to be a little better than fans, don't you think?

Good to see Lajoie is playing well in the top 4 these days, really hope they bring up Paul, Ch;lapik & Gagne at some point before the end of the season. The future continues to look bright for this org.

Not entirely. There are agendas and politics and towing the company line and situations that all play a part. Boucher is accused of seeing the game one way , and being stubborn in his ways... KK .. I don't know; He is an excellent communicator with the press , I will give him that. I do not know how he thinks hockey wise. These media blurbs provide a thimble full of information. Boucher was glowing about White 2 games before he was sent down,.. about how mature is game is , how he is first on puck and creates space , blah blah blah... The powers that be, Dorion, Lee, Boucher with input from KK formulated a plan.. they are all believers in not rushing players .. which is fine..but there are other things at play as well.. Burrows contract and trade .. what does it mean if he's on the bench or sent down...Are we going to sit 4.x million in the press box for ever with Gaborik... other things other than who should be playing are at play.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Nice! Chappy with 2 apples

Lineup makes more sense tonight but it’s easy to see that they lack quality AHL vets

Edit : 2 goals for Gelinas, I think he scored at least half of his goals this season against Belleville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad