B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Paul owes him a couple beers

Yes but isn't is about time our youngsters received some help? Not many junior players (and Paul wasn't a super star) can jump in to the AHL and produce right away.

I know he is older but he hasn't had much to work with over the years.

Reactions: Icelevel

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey Today.
Toronto Marlies vs Belleville Senators
Game #846: Sunday, March 4, 2018
Yardmen Arena - Belleville, ON
@ 3 PM

Toronto 39-16-1-1
Belleville 22-34-1-3

Past 10
Toronto 4-5-1-0
Belleville 2-8-0-0

Streak
Toronto 0-2-1-0
Belleville 0-1-0-0

15 teams in the Eastern Conference
Toronto #1
Belleville #14

OFFICIALS
Referee Olivier Gouin (#54)
Referee Beaudry Halkidis (#32)
Linesman Francois Dussureault (#60)
Linesman Brandon Bourgeois (#7)

Marlies have come back to Earth a bit lately...... Goal for them is to finish #1 in the whole league for home ice advantage in the playoffs.....

Sens playoffs were gone long ago now playing for pride and some are playing for contracts next season.... I expect a big turnover in Vets for Belleville next season all of them could be gone..... Those players coming off their ECL becoming RFA I doubt a lot of them will be signed again by the Sens..... New blood next yr in Belleville.....

Lets have a good game today..........

Let's Go Sens........

Reactions: DrEasy

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 1st
1-1 tie

1st Period-1, Belleville, Englund 1 (Randell, Ciampini), 9:58. 2, Toronto, Moore 8 (B. Smith, Mueller), 11:16 (PP). Penalties-Holl Tor (goaltender interference), 6:22; Werek Bel (tripping), 10:21.

Shots on Goal-Toronto 14-9.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 2nd
3-1 Marlies

2nd Period-3, Toronto, Holl 5 (Moore, Greening), 0:30. 4, Toronto, LoVerde 3 (Nielsen, Marchment), 14:36 (PP). Penalties-Dupuy Tor (roughing), 4:05; served by Gagne Bel (bench minor - too many men), 8:10; Ciampini Bel (holding), 13:06.

Shots 22-4 Toronto

Was hard to watch all Marlies..........

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Chlapik healthy scratch. I was told kleinendorst said he was committing to playing the young guys. Come on down to watch selleck do his thing.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Chlapik played according to the game sheet he had as many shots as Selleck ONE

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Final
4-1 Marlies

3rd Period-5, Toronto, Borgman 3 (B. Smith), 4:05. Penalties-Sexton Bel (charging), 6:44; Rodewald Bel (tripping), 15:17.

Shots on Goal-16-3 Marlies

Too many passengers this afternoon for the Sens........

Paul had a very poor game (-2), Blunden lacked energy, and desire, Lajoie had a tough afternoon (-2)...... The list goes on......

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
God I hope so. He’s a Murray hire, hopefully Dorion realizes he’s in way over his head.

Hey Randy if you... gasp ..cough ... if you are out there ... you are fired.
Drowning-victim.jpg
post-8794-1403702267.gif

Unfortunately one was extended.. Randy should be shuffled elsewhere.

Reactions: jehkob

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
God I hope so. He’s a Murray hire, hopefully Dorion realizes he’s in way over his head.
Fully agreed that he's way over his head but Lee is far from a Murray hire. He was here way before Bryan. He's actually a legendary trainer who gained notoriety in our best years for the bike interviews. Shannahan can tell you all about it.

I'd like Lee to stick around but he can't remain in such a role. Would rather he takes Shawn Donovan's job and replace him with someone else like Lombardi in an assistant/Senior advisor role.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Chlapik healthy scratch. I was told kleinendorst said he was committing to playing the young guys. Come on down to watch selleck do his thing.

Chlapik was supposed to be a healthy scratch, but something changed (maybe a call from Dorion??). From the lineup sheet, they were supposed to go 11 forwards and 7 D.

The fact that Chlapik was supposed to be a healthy scratch and that Gabriel Gagne is playing on the fourth line just goes to show you that anything and everything Dorion/Melnyk have said is just pure bull. "Renewed focus on drafting and development" lol. A first line of Nick Paul, Moutrey and Sexton doesn't scream development.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Put Randy back in the gym where he belongs, I trust Sean Donovan to do a better job than he does.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Renewed commitment to drafting and development:

"The stubbornness of Kleinendorst is evident on special teams despite the improved results. He continues to ram Blunden, McCormick (when he’s in Belleville), and Reinhart onto the powerplay, while he overplays McCormick, Englund, and Burgdoerfer on the PK. One thing I was critical of in the past that’s improved, however, is the impact of forwards on the point for the PP–it improves when the forward’s partner is not Murray (only 30% of the goals he’s been on the ice for are sharing the point with a forward).

5-on-5 Kleinendorst has put together effective second lines, but continues wonky and bizarre first units (they’ve included Selleck, Blunden, Ciampini, McCormick, Rodewald, and Werek). Why talented players like White, Chlapik, and Sexton aren’t getting those top spots is beyond me. In terms of defensive combinations Kleinendorst refuses to load up his pairings, saddling talented players with those who can’t move the puck effectively.

Looking forward it will be interesting to see who remains (or comes) to Belleville and what sort of impact/usage they’ll get. This should be a time to play prospects a ton, but Kleinendorst can’t get that veteran needle out of his arm."

eyeonthesens.com

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Renewed commitment to drafting and development:

"The stubbornness of Kleinendorst is evident on special teams despite the improved results. He continues to ram Blunden, McCormick (when he’s in Belleville), and Reinhart onto the powerplay, while he overplays McCormick, Englund, and Burgdoerfer on the PK. One thing I was critical of in the past that’s improved, however, is the impact of forwards on the point for the PP–it improves when the forward’s partner is not Murray (only 30% of the goals he’s been on the ice for are sharing the point with a forward).

5-on-5 Kleinendorst has put together effective second lines, but continues wonky and bizarre first units (they’ve included Selleck, Blunden, Ciampini, McCormick, Rodewald, and Werek). Why talented players like White, Chlapik, and Sexton aren’t getting those top spots is beyond me. In terms of defensive combinations Kleinendorst refuses to load up his pairings, saddling talented players with those who can’t move the puck effectively.

Looking forward it will be interesting to see who remains (or comes) to Belleville and what sort of impact/usage they’ll get. This should be a time to play prospects a ton, but Kleinendorst can’t get that veteran needle out of his arm."

eyeonthesens.com
and obviously randy lee is looking down like "brilliant"

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
You know everybody loves to harp on coaches and their veterans.

Maybe it's just a thing we should all accept. I am tired of fighting it like it's a thing only our coaches do.

Reactions: aragorn

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
You know everybody loves to harp on coaches and their veterans.

Maybe it's just a thing we should all accept. I am tired of fighting it like it's a thing only our coaches do.

I generally agree with this at the NHL level, all coaches do it.
But at the AHL level I find it questionable. It would be fine if our AHL vets were actually GOOD though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->