B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So who's missing from that Belleville roster that could still end up there? And the other question is what are they going to do with Andrew Hammond? I assume that Brown, Formenton, Batherson, Lajoie & Kelly could all be returned to junior. Pius Suter has already been cut I believe & returned to Europe.

Potential Players who could still play in Belleville:

Colin White C/RW
Thomas Chabot LD
Philip Chlapik C/LW
Ben Harpur LD
Mike Blunden RW
Max Reinhart C
Max McCormick LW
Chris Vandevelde C/LW
Tyler Randell RW

From this list I expect that White (when healthy) Chlapik, Blunden, Reinhart & Vandevelde could all end up in Belleville too. That leaves Chabot, Harpur, McCormick & Randell as possibilities to make the team out of camp or at the least stay around past opening day. Of the two defencemen my guess is that Harpur stays & of the two forwards my guess is that Randell & maybe Vandevelde stays. I'm guessing GB sticks with his veterans to start the yr in Ottawa although it's possible he may give a could of prospects a game or two.

Hoffman - Turris - Stone
Dzingel - Brassard - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Pyatt
Burrows - Thompson - Randell/Vandevelde

Phaneuf - Ceci
Oduya - Claesson
Boroweicki - Wideman/Harpur

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
What's a realistic lineup for Belleville?

Perhaps like this...

Paul-Reinhart-DiDomenico
Perron-Sexton-Gagne
Werek-Chlapik-Blunden
Flanagan-O'Brien-Randell
Rodewald

Harpur-Jaros
Lajoie-Burgdoerfer
Englund-Sieloff
Beaudoin

Taylor
Hogberg/Driedger

Wichita - Dongahey, Erkamps, Murray, Asselin, Ciampini, Dunn

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Perhaps like this...

Paul-Reinhart-DiDomenico
Perron-Sexton-Gagne
Werek-Chlapik-Blunden
Flanagan-O'Brien-Randell
Rodewald

Harpur-Jaros
Lajoie-Burgdoerfer
Englund-Sieloff
Beaudoin

Taylor
Hogberg/Driedger

Who is this Taylor guy, and why did we sign him anyways? Seems redundant with our own drafted goalies.

It would be much better to run with Drieger/Hoberg imo. Will Hoberg even accept a demotion to the ECHL? Surely the SHL is a better league than that...

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
Who is this Taylor guy, and why did we sign him anyways? Seems redundant with our own drafted goalies.

It would be much better to run with Drieger/Hoberg imo. Will Hoberg even accept a demotion to the ECHL? Surely the SHL is a better league than that...

Taylor is solid #1 goalie at the KHL/AHL level, and he was probably one of the best available in free agency (at that level). Last year showed us you can't go into the season with question marks in net. He played in the KHL the last few seasons and signed with us more or less because his family lives in Kingston

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

If you don't know who Taylor is then how do you believe ^

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Perhaps like this...

Paul-Reinhart-DiDomenico
Perron-Sexton-Gagne
Werek-Chlapik-Blunden
Flanagan-O'Brien-Randell
Rodewald

Harpur-Jaros
Lajoie-Burgdoerfer
Englund-Sieloff
Beaudoin

Taylor
Hogberg/Driedger

Goaltending is nice. The D has some nice prospects all over, feels like it's been forever!

Hopefully Chlapik can just take over and become Belleville's #1C, that would be beautiful. Lajoie should have a big year along with Jaros.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Looks who's back...

i

No way! I thought the Bermuda triangle swallowed him up halfway through the 12-13 season! Nice to see he's alive!

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

IAmJustOne spelled out the case for Taylor pretty well... some may not remember Barry Brust, but I see Taylor coming in and having that type of steadying influence throughout the season. He is a very good pro acquisition.

Hogberg knows he could play some games in the ECHL - O'Connor did every year, Driedger has every year so far... as long as he is playing well and isn't stuck down there I don't foresee it being a problem. Not to mention, if he isn't good enough to beat Driedger for playing time I would much rather he go to the SHL anyways (as I'm assuming the team would as well).

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Because giving the #1 minutes to an AHL journeyman seems like a waste to me when we have two quality prospects to run with.

But anyways, if he's a great goalie I guess it can't be that bad of a thing.

It's a move that says 'we don't want to completely suck this year'

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
It's a move that says 'we don't want to completely suck this year'

A Hogberg-Driedger pairing could be one of the tandems if Hogberg plays like he has in the SHL the past couple seasons. Plus there's Hammond, who just got sent down and presumably needs a place to play.

Taylor was a completely unneccesary acquisition. If Lee wanted to make sure the B-Sens got off to a great start in Belleville, he should have signed a top AHL D instead of re-signing a plug like Sieloff, and he should have signed better AHL forwards than Sexton, Randell, Blunden, etc...

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
First few cuts:

Donaghey has been assigned to Brampton and it's expected that Hogberg will follow once Hammond clears waivers.

Asselin and Beaudoin have been released from their PTO's.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
First few cuts:

Donaghey has been assigned to Brampton and it's expected that Hogberg will follow once Hammond clears waivers.

Asselin and Beaudoin have been released from their PTO's.

So our top goalie prospect is going to be playing in the ECHL because Lee signed a 31YR old journeyman and Dorion couldn't get rid of Hammond.

Talk about stupid. Should go back to the SHL. Facing ECHL shooters won't help him prepare him for the NHL.

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
So our top goalie prospect is going to be playing in the ECHL because Lee signed a 31YR old journeyman and Dorion couldn't get rid of Hammond.

Talk about stupid. Should go back to the SHL. Facing ECHL shooters won't help him prepare him for the NHL.

And yet, people on this board belittled and insulted people that said we shouldn't have signed Hammond after his miracle run.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
And yet, people on this board belittled and insulted people that said we shouldn't have signed Hammond after his miracle run.

I don't think it's Hammond still being here that's the issue so much as it's the signing of Taylor.

I mean if you already have two NHL goalies signed, an unmovable contract like Hammond, a young goalie with AHL experience in Driedger, and just signed an above average young SHL starter (that also happens to be our best shot at a #1 goalie), why sign a 31YR journeyman to play in the AHL?

Makes no sense.

megalomania

Sep 29, 2010
Switzerland
I don't think it's Hammond still being here that's the issue so much as it's the signing of Taylor.

I mean if you already have two NHL goalies signed, an unmovable contract like Hammond, a young goalie with AHL experience in Driedger, and just signed an above average young SHL starter (that also happens to be our best shot at a #1 goalie), why sign a 31YR journeyman to play in the AHL?

Makes no sense.

Baffling isn't it. Everyone and their mother knew Hammond would end up in the AHL, so with him it's one too many already with Driedger and Hogberg. And even if you lose Hammond on waivers against all probability you still have that Hogberg/Driedger-tandem which would probably have been good enough; it's not like the SHL is any worse as a league than the AHL. I guess they wanted to make sure that the team wouldn't be bad in their first season in Belleville, but looking at the line-up Ouroboros posted you'd think a forward would have been much more of a need. Now Hogberg who looks like the only goaltending prospect with a shot at an NHL career is kinda blocked by this needless log-jam they've created and I wouldn't think that he can go back to Sweden just like that; I'd guess teams have already completed their rosters for the season. This was entirely predictable, not sure what the plan is here.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
Parts unknown

Makes no sense.

When Anderson & Hammond are injured at the same time this season it will make perfect sense.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I would expect that the Sens did everything they could to move Hammond & no one in the NHL wants him for their parent or AHL club. Not sure if they have a plan B in place to loan him to Europe but he may consent yet to go to the ECHL along with Hogberg. An injury or two can change a lot of things in a hurry. Not surprised about Donaghey & expect a few more to be sent down. On a more positive note, the Sens are very deep in goal & on defence.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Perhaps like this...

Paul-Reinhart-DiDomenico
Perron-Sexton-Gagne
Werek-Chlapik-Blunden
Flanagan-O'Brien-Randell
Rodewald

Harpur-Jaros
Lajoie-Burgdoerfer
Englund-Sieloff
Beaudoin

Taylor
Hogberg/Driedger

that looks pretty good, sucks that are our lineup is full some interesting players that are being released i would not mind giving a shot to see if they can put together their potential. I guess its a good problem to have

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Makes no sense.
So, you are saying the Senators GM is stupid! :)

A case could be made to support that using additional moves he has made.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
that looks pretty good, sucks that are our lineup is full some interesting players that are being released i would not mind giving a shot to see if they can put together their potential. I guess its a good problem to have

That forward group looks bad to me, consisting of, at most, 3 prospects that may some day play in the NHL (Chlapic, Paul and perhaps Perron).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad