Belleville Senators 3-5-0-2
Binghamton AHL 2-6-1-1

Lets go Sens......

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Haven't been able to watch Belleville in a few weeks now, how have Chlapik and Jaros looked?

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 1st.
No Score

1st Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Blunden Bel (hooking), 2:20; Lappin Bng (hooking), 9:00; Englund Bel (interference), 13:10; Speers Bng (interference), 15:22.

Shots 11-6 Binghamton.....

In a word DULL very Dull was expecting more tonite......

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
After 2nd.
1-1 Tie

2nd Period-1, Binghamton, Latta 3 (Kennedy), 4:28. 2, Belleville, Gagne 12 (O'Brien), 13:53 (PP). Penalties-Rodewald Bel (tripping), 1:12; Loov Bng (hooking), 12:20.

Shots 21-15 Binghamton AHL

Sens were pushing a bit at the end of period.......

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Final
5-2 Binghamton AHL

3rd Period-3, Binghamton, Cangelosi 1 (White, Loov), 3:31 (PP). 4, Belleville, Reinhart 6 (Englund), 14:00. 5, Binghamton, Loov 4 (Kennedy), 14:20. 6, Binghamton, Speers 4 (Rooney, Olsen), 14:38. 7, Binghamton, Rooney 6 17:22 (SH). Penalties-Kelly Bel (interference), 1:38; Murray Bel (tripping, fighting), 8:10; Cangelosi Bng (unsportsmanlike conduct, fighting), 8:10; Bastian Bng (closing hand on puck), 11:14; Olsen Bng (delay of game), 17:02.

Shots on Goal-Belleville 6-9-7-22. Binghamton AHL 11-10-6-27.

Binghamton AHL with 4 goals in the final period to get a rare victory at home........

Sens had a goal disallowed .....

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Final
5-2 Binghamton AHL

3rd Period-3, Binghamton, Cangelosi 1 (White, Loov), 3:31 (PP). 4, Belleville, Reinhart 6 (Englund), 14:00. 5, Binghamton, Loov 4 (Kennedy), 14:20. 6, Binghamton, Speers 4 (Rooney, Olsen), 14:38. 7, Binghamton, Rooney 6 17:22 (SH). Penalties-Kelly Bel (interference), 1:38; Murray Bel (tripping, fighting), 8:10; Cangelosi Bng (unsportsmanlike conduct, fighting), 8:10; Bastian Bng (closing hand on puck), 11:14; Olsen Bng (delay of game), 17:02.

Shots on Goal-Belleville 6-9-7-22. Binghamton AHL 11-10-6-27.

Binghamton AHL with 4 goals in the final period to get a rare victory at home........

Sens had a goal disallowed .....

Two games in a row with a major collapse in the 3rd period

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
@ZekeA
I noticed on the lineup they had White centering Kelly and Blunden. What are your impressions?

"Sens of Anarchy":

In the AHL lines line ups change every period it seems...... So don't make too much out of it......

I will try to keep an eye on that line but harder for me now as I only see the Sens 4 times this yr in person......... AHL live is NOT like being there~~!!!!!

I miss the Sens.........

Peredasse

Jul 19, 2016
This is amazing how Perron is abused by the organization .... he is still on the third line or the fourth line with a bit of power play. There are things I will never understand in this development league

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Why no assists for gagne? I think I know partly. Some guys are like this. More goals than assists. Can this tell us something about his NHL potential though?
Does it mean anything significant? Opinions?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This is amazing how Perron is abused by the organization .... he is still on the third line or the fourth line with a bit of power play. There are things I will never understand in this development league
Doesn't his play determine his ice time? While there are a few players on this roster I would rather not be there it is what it is & it is up to him to pass them on the depth chart, isn't it?
Why no assists for gagne? I think I know partly. Some guys are like this. More goals than assists. Can this tell us something about his NHL potential though?

You can't teach size & I've always liked his size & thought he could start on the 4th line. He isn't that physical which bugs me & hopefully he doesn't turn into another Chiasson but he does have some potential.

Rather than some of the players we have now, I would much rather see a 4th line of Paul - Brown - Gagne next yr. Individually as they get better they could get moved throughout the lineup where needed. I also like a 3rd line of Formenton - White - Batherson but who knows how far off each of all these guys are.

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Doesn't his play determine his ice time? While there are a few players on this roster I would rather not be there it is what it is & it is up to him to pass them on the depth chart, isn't it?
No, that's not how things work at all for this team. Ask anyone who watches the Bsens play more than a few games and I'm sure they will tell you player deployment is baffling. There are players who contribute nothing, and do nothing to help, yet see huge minutes and endless opportunities. Gagne is the teams leading goal scorer and has been scratched multiple times, and sees very low ice time. Nick Paul, Max McCormick, and even Tyler Randell sees more ice than some of the more talented guys. I don't hate grit guys, but if you roll them out for big minutes on a team that struggles to score...you aren't reading your players properly.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Gagne is the next call up? Wonder if we can put him on Brass' or Pageau wing and see what he can do.

Dumont Pageau and Gagne might be a decent

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1. The guys he has been playing with are not getting the rebounds
2. There are no rebounds

Reactions: OD99 and DrEasy

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
No, that's not how things work at all for this team. Ask anyone who watches the Bsens play more than a few games and I'm sure they will tell you player deployment is baffling. There are players who contribute nothing, and do nothing to help, yet see huge minutes and endless opportunities. Gagne is the teams leading goal scorer and has been scratched multiple times, and sees very low ice time. Nick Paul, Max McCormick, and even Tyler Randell sees more ice than some of the more talented guys. I don't hate grit guys, but if you roll them out for big minutes on a team that struggles to score...you aren't reading your players properly.
We read on here all the time that player deployment in Ottawa is baffling & we see it with other teams as well. I won't pretend to know what coaches do & why but I'm quite sure they have their reasons including sending messages. My guess is that the coach is trying to find tandems & trios that work well together at both ends of the ice. Same reason why they have Hoffman on the 3rd line, it might piss off fans but they have their reasons which is their prerogative as coach.

If you were to have three skilled guys together on a line they might get a lot of goals but they also might allow many goals against & be detrimental to team wins. Most coaches in my limited experience are mostly defence first minded people & spend more time on defending than on offence. Most seem to prefer a defensive minded player with an offensive minded player in tandem. The best teams seem to be the ones that have a reasonable goals for versus goals against differential. Of course, solid & consistent goaltending could be the most important factor of all. This org seems to have problems everywhere these days.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You can't teach size & I've always liked his size & thought he could start on the 4th line. He isn't that physical which bugs me & hopefully he doesn't turn into another Chiasson but he does have some potential.

What's wrong with Chiasson? Seems like he done well in Calgary last year (81 GP, 12 ESG, 13:23 of TOI/GP) and he is doing well in Washington this season. Only missed 1 game and has 6 goals (all ES) with 12:50 of TOI /GP

Maybe Gagne can become a top-6 forward but I wouldn't mind a bottom-6 forward that scores ES goals.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
What's wrong with Chiasson? Seems like he done well in Calgary last year (81 GP, 12 ESG, 13:23 of TOI/GP) and he is doing well in Washington this season. Only missed 1 game and has 6 goals (all ES) with 12:50 of TOI /GP

Maybe Gagne can become a top-6 forward but I wouldn't mind a bottom-6 forward that scores ES goals.
If there wasn't something wrong with Chiasson why did they trade him? Although I would rather have him than a few of the guys they have on this team now especially at 3rd line RW. I'm hoping both Paul & Gagne turn out to be better players & hopefully better scorers for Ottawa especially if they have a playmaker between them like Brown. I agree with you they could use a 3rd line RW goal scorer. I just have no faith this coach will put any of them in the lineup anytime soon including next season. He seems to prefer his little minions.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
If there wasn't something wrong with Chiasson why did they trade him? Although I would rather have him than a few of the guys they have on this team now especially at 3rd line RW. I'm hoping both Paul & Gagne turn out to be better players & hopefully better scorers for Ottawa especially if they have a playmaker between them like Brown. I agree with you they could use a 3rd line RW goal scorer. I just have no faith this coach will put any of them in the lineup anytime soon including next season. He seems to prefer his little minions.

Because bottom-6 players are replaceable. Chiasson didn't have a good relation with Cameron. He is not a goal scorer. He is a guy that can do a bit of everything but doesn't excel at anything, so that is why he is a 3rd/4th liner.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yeah they should have kept chiasson for the bottom 6. But maybe his salary expectations and the organizations output expectations caused a big enough problem that he couldn't settle in there. Same with Derek grant. Wouldn't mind him on the 4th line. Or even lazar

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad