B-Sens Belleville 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Seeing as we don't have an ECHL affiliate this year, what are the odds we get one next year? Where would be a good city to put them?

Do the Olympiques in Gatineau still need to find a new arena? Imagine partnering up with them and building a facility for both a QMJHL and ECHL team. What a way to start poaching the Quebec market....

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
What are the chances of seeing a Englund-Jaros pairing this year? That is a pairing I think could be a really good 3rd defence-pairing in a couple years.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Nope.

Gatineau gov't approved funding for a new arena in February, and have a tentative agreement with Vision Multisports Outaouais to build it. They are hoping to break ground on construction in spring of 2018.

...dang. So much for that idea.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
What are the chances of seeing a Englund-Jaros pairing this year? That is a pairing I think could be a really good 3rd defence-pairing in a couple years.

I heard that Chabot and Jaros are paired a lot right now and they are looking good.

I think the skill set of both fits together.

Now i think that if Chabot start in Belleville, we might see them paired. They are highly viewed by the organisation.

If Chabot start in Ottawa than i think that a pairing of Englund and Jaros is possible. Even Harpur and Jaros, since i think Harpur is a better puck mover than englund.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
With Karlsson out, the odds of Chabot starting in Belleville have to be much lower at this point. I know Boucher has seemed very apprehensive about Chabot in interviews (chewing steak etc) but who knows how much of that is truth, and how much of that is trying to motivate a player who Boucher expects to use in a big way right off the bat in the NHL.

I know people say defenders take more time to develop, but it's really not farfetched for a blue chip defender to make an impact in the NHL two years removed from their draft year.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I was looking into tickets for the nov3/4 weekend - looks like they aren't on sale yet - anyone know what the deal is?

WebNewfie

Nov 5, 2008
I was looking into tickets for the nov3/4 weekend - looks like they aren't on sale yet - anyone know what the deal is?

Looks like you have to wait a couple weeks yet...

From the press release above:

Fans who register for the Belleville Senators’ Insider program, which can be found here, will be granted an early two-day window to purchase single game tickets beginning Oct. 2, before all other individual tickets go on sale to the public.

Single game tickets for matchups in November and December will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 12:00pm. Prices for individual game tickets will range from $22.50  $26.25, plus taxes and surcharges.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Head about a live webcam for the renovations to the Yardmen Arena but I found it today:
https://youtu.be/x9bC2E4VbeQ

To give perspective of the camera view, both team benches will be on the left, and seating at the top is the north end that was expanded. Prior to renos, the north end was just a wall with a walkway at the top. My understanding is that the installation of seats in the new area began this week. Seats will also eventually be added along the sides since the ice size was reduced from international to NHL size.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looks like you have to wait a couple weeks yet...

From the press release above:

Fans who register for the Belleville Senators’ Insider program, which can be found here, will be granted an early two-day window to purchase single game tickets beginning Oct. 2, before all other individual tickets go on sale to the public.

Single game tickets for matchups in November and December will go on sale to the general public on Wednesday, Oct. 4 at 12:00pm. Prices for individual game tickets will range from $22.50  $26.25, plus taxes and surcharges.

http://bellevillesens.com/insider/

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
With the move to Belleville, I was wondering if we have any Belleville fans on HFsens who will provide us with naughty updates and scouting reports? :naughty:

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
With the move to Belleville, I was wondering if we have any Belleville fans on HFsens who will provide us with naughty updates and scouting reports? :naughty:

Haha I'm no ZekeA, but I'll give it a shot. Month and a half to go yay

Been driving by the arena everyday, it's amazing the progress they've made

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Haha I'm no Zeke, but I'll give it a shot. Month and a half to go yay

"IamJust#1":

I plan on watching the Sens games on AHL live and writing reports (IF the fan base will allow it??)

I am having a difficult time getting into the "Devil" down here.

Hard for me to cheer for "The Devil" goes against my grain.... + I know all the Ottawa prospects and have followed the draft picks in juniors so I want to watch them develop.......

I miss the Sens but Melnyk did NOT consult me before making the move.......

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

"IamJust#1":

I plan on watching the Sens games on AHL live and writing reports (IF the fan base will allow it??)

Hard for me to cheer for "The Devil" goes against my grain.... + I know all the Ottawa prospects and have followed the draft picks in juniors so I want to watch them develop.......

That's great news guys! :handclap:

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
"IamJust#1":

That's awesome to here Zeke! Your input is always going to be welcome and appreciated in here.

And I don't blame you for sticking with the B-Sens, this looks like it could be the most exciting group that we've had in quite some time.

My interest level is at an all time high right now with them. And it will get even better in the next few years when they add Brown, Formenton, Bowers and Batherson, who all looked really promising at the rookie tourney.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I still think that one way contracts matter & Chabot has 6 guys ahead of him with one way contracts & I doubt they send any of them down to Belleville & pay them an NHL salary to make room for Chabot. Much more likely is they say again this yr it's a "numbers game" as we have heard so often in the past & Dorion will have to make room on the roster for him by making a trade. Wideman's days could be numbered.

Having said that though, in GB's system as he has mentioned, he wants the mobile defencemen on the right side, which is why Chabot played the right side in the first exhibition game & the physical defencemen on the left side. Jaros seems like he could be a very good two way defenceman & could play either side but it makes the most sense to keep him on the right side maybe as a 2nd or 3rd pairing defenceman. I could see him playing on the 1st or 2nd pairing in Belleville this yr. If the system will decide on where defencemen play as opposed to which side they shoot then the lineups could also change. I doubt this is anything like the lineups we'll see in Belleville but these are four very good defencemen for the B-Sens.

Harpur - Chabot
Englund - Jaros

These guys are also looking to make the B-Sens:

Murray - Lajoie - Lajoie could be returned to junior
Seiloff - Donaghey
Burdoerfer - Erkamps/Beaudoin

The B-Sens should also have four goalies fighting for two jobs which IMO will go to Taylor & Dreidger to start the yr, unless there is an injury.

Taylor - Dreidger
Hammond - Hogberg - Hammond bought out or loaned somewhere & Hogberg to the ECHL Until a deal is made to make room for Hogberg in Belleville.

Last edited:

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
got some tickets for the game in laval.... (sep 30th so pre season i guess)
ready to see this kids every time they come.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
"IamJust#1":

Great to hear guys! And very happy you're still going to be around our forums, Zeke!

Taylor - Dreidger
Hammond - Hogberg - Hammond bought out or loaned somewhere & Hogberg to the ECHL Until a deal is made to make room for Hogberg in Belleville.

I don't think that's an option for this year. The buyout window is in June. He'll either have to be traded, picked up on waivers, or stick with the organization.

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I still think that one way contracts matter & Chabot has 6 guys ahead of him with one way contracts & I doubt they send any of them down to Belleville & pay them an NHL salary to make room for Chabot. Much more likely is they say again this yr it's a "numbers game" as we have heard so often in the past & Dorion will have to make room on the roster for him by making a trade. Wideman's days could be numbered.

I would agree if we had EK but this team needs to win some games the first month or so without their spark plug on the back end and that to me would suggest Chabot's odds of staying up are much higher, especially if we get off to a bad start. If money is an issue, have to think eliminating our chances at playoff revenue would also be enticing to send down one of those one-way minimum contracts.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Apparently Belleville played U of Ottawa tonight and beat them 3-1.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Apparently Belleville played U of Ottawa tonight and beat them 3-1.

DKX8qk_XcAATve_.jpg

was 1-1 after 2.

1g Werek (1st ever)
1g Asselin
1g Beaudoin

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Werek and Asselin

Ethan Werek has he signed for Belleville, he scored last night against Ottawa U, but his Wiki page says he signed for a Chinese team in June.

Werek left North America as a free agent in agreeing to a one-year deal with Chinese club, HC Kunlun Red Star of the KHL on June 27, 2017.

Guillaume Asselin also scored for Belleville last night but Wichita Thunder says he signed for them

https://www.wichitathunder.com/news...yer-of-the-year-asselin-signs-in-wichita.html

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Belleville training camp roster...

Three goaltenders, 2016-17 team(s): Chris Driedger (Wichita РECHL, Binghamton РAHL, Ottawa РNHL), Marcus Hogberg (Link̦ping РSHL, Binghamton РAHL), Danny Taylor (Zagreb Medvescak РKHL, Novosibirsk Sibir РKHL).

Eight defencemen, 2016-17 team(s): Charles-David Beaudoin (UQTR РOUA, Tulsa РECHL, Binghamton РAHL), Erik Burgdoerfer (Rochester РAHL, Buffalo РNHL), Cody Donaghey (Charlottetown РQMJHL, Sherbrooke РQMJHL), Andreas Englund (Binghamton РAHL, Ottawa РNHL), Macoy Erkamps (Wichita РECHL, Binghamton РAHL), Christian Jaros (Lule̴ РSHL), Jordan Murray (New Brunswick РAUS, Binghamton РAHL), Patrick Sieloff (Binghamton РAHL).

Thirteen (13) forwards, 2016-17 team(s): Guillaume Asselin (UQTR – OUA, Brampton – ECHL), Daniel Ciampini (Manchester – ECHL, Ontario – AHL), Christopher DiDomenico (Langnau – Swiss-A, Ottawa – NHL), Vincent Dunn (Wichita – ECHL, Binghamton – AHL), Kyle Flanagan (Binghamton – AHL), Gabriel Gagne (Wichita – ECHL, Binghamton – AHL), Jim O’Brien (San Antonio – AHL), Nick Paul (Binghamton – AHL, Ottawa – NHL), Francis Perron (Binghamton – AHL), Jack Rodewald (Wichita – ECHL, Binghamton – AHL), Ben Sexton (Albany – AHL), Ethan Werek (Orlando – ECHL, Texas – AHL), Brendan Woods (Charlotte – AHL).

Looks who's back...

i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad