Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I think Chlapik is trying to do too much so far... Because :

- Nick Paul has been injured and no training camp
- Francis Perron is very "timid" at the moment, he needs to put the "on" switch
- Gagne has made strides but is still very raw, like if he was 19 y/o
- DiDomenico, Blunden, [URL='https://theahl.com/stats/player/3113/57/jim-obrien']O'Brien, [URL='https://theahl.com/stats/player/4231/57/tyler-randell']Randell, [URL='https://theahl.com/stats/player/4512/57/max-reinhart']Reinhart, [URL='https://theahl.com/stats/player/5447/57/ben-sexton']Sexton [/URL]a[/URL]r[/URL]e[/URL] all decent players, but that's the problem, no one in that group is really that group and can carry the offense so I guess it will be on Chlapik's shoulders... which is frustrating.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Because Randy Lee. Dude has no business being the GM of a fantasy league team, let alone one in professional hockey.

The reason you have an AHL team is to help develop young players so they can one day make a difference for the parent club. Hogberg-Driedger should be the tandem for Belleville, not Taylor-Hammond.
I think the personnel roster decisions at every level in this organizations are coming from PD, GB & KK to be honest more so than Lee. IMO Lee looks after the administration aspect of the Belleville team & is the conduit between PD & KK & looks after all the off ice stuff. We really don't know what is going on with how the coach feels about his players specifically the career vets & who they bring in & who they don't re-sign & why. The guys they draft are obvious they need to be developed & sometimes a few of them need to spend time in the ECHL before the AHL.

I don't mind the Taylor signing, I think it creates a lot of competition between the goalies for ice time. Having Hammond in Belleville hopefully show cases him for an upcoming trade & I think the organization already knows what Dreidger can do, he has been in the organization for a number of yrs. This is Hogberg's first yr & it will probably take the entire yr for PD to fix the goalie situation, I assume next season that Hammond is gone & Hogberg will have had a yr to show whether he should be in Bellville or not. Dreidger is an RFA & may or may not be re-signed & they can decide whether to re-sign Taylor or not. Hogberg needs to have a great yr whether it is in the ECHL & Belleville to show he belongs & has an NHL future with this organization. Of the four minor league goalies it may be that Taylor would be the best to call up if there is a goalie injury in Ottawa.

Reactions: Gil Scott Perron

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Been watching some video of the games so far this season.

I'm not sure the Burgdoerfer-Murray pairing is working too well.

They seem to create a lot of turn overs at the wrong moments.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Because Randy Lee. Dude has no business being the GM of a fantasy league team, let alone one in professional hockey.

The reason you have an AHL team is to help develop young players so they can one day make a difference for the parent club. Hogberg-Driedger should be the tandem for Belleville, not Taylor-Hammond.
They signed Taylor, who played in the KHL last year, on the condition/promise that he'd play in the AHL ....... They went with two young goaltenders last season, and it did not go well, so they decided to bring in a veteran to bring some stability.
Hammond is there as a back up, so that Hogberg can play tons of games as the starter in the ECHL, instead of riding the pine in the AHL.

All very logical .......... and the GM of the Sens has explained this "Plan" on numerous occasions.

IamJust0ne

May 4, 2006
We have an extremely young defense for an AHL team... a young inexperienced defense+a young inexperienced goaltending duo is a complete recipe for disaster

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Isn't it interesting when so many people want to see some of these young guys in Ottawa sooner rather than later & yet when we see them playing in the AHL we can see that some lack experience & need development time. If everyone is healthy in Ottawa Belleville could have an interesting team although young which is why vets are brought in every yr to bring some stability to the team. I imagine they brought in Taylor because they thought they could have moved Hammond by now. There are a few players that I don't understand why they signed or kept like Flanigan, DiDomenico, Ciampini, Dunn, Burgdoerfer & Erkamps. I think I would look to turn Chlapik into a Lwer, he might have a better shot playing in Ottawa on the LW more so than at centre. This would probably be the lineup I would dress down there,

Paul - White - Sexton
Perron - Reinhart - Rodewald
Chlapik - O'Brien - Gagne
Blunden - McCormick - Randell/DiDomenico

Chabot - Harpur
Lajoie - Jaros
Englund - Sieloff/Murray

Taylor - Dreidger/Hogberg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Kleinendorst interview on 1200.. Chabot, Boutilier, Systems, Left side D stepping up aka "the Boro", Chlapik, Lajoie, Jaros
http://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200-1.882585

Wow, very complimentary of Chlapik. Said he's got as much skill as anyone in the org except for Karlsson.... Said he thought skating would be an issue 2 years ago at dev camp, but he's improved so much that it's not an issue at all.

Reactions: Icelevel

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Wow, very complimentary of Chlapik. Said he's got as much skill as anyone in the org except for Karlsson.... Said he thought skating would be an issue 2 years ago at dev camp, but he's improved so much that it's not an issue at all.

That seems like Dorion level tire pumping to me.

I'm all good with boosting up a player's confidence, but this feels a little excessive.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That seems like Dorion level tire pumping to me.

I'm all good with boosting up a player's confidence, but this feels a little excessive.
Yeah, I haven't seen that level of play from Chlapik in my limited viewings, but even if it's hyperbolic, it's still nice to hear.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
The Belleville Senators have recalled forward Daniel Ciampini from the ECHL’s Brampton Beast.
Furthermore, the Ottawa Senators have recalled defenceman Cody Donaghey to Belleville from Brampton.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
2-2 after 2

11:12BELChris DiDomenico (2) ASST: Jordan Murray (1), Mike Blunden(1)
18:58BELMax McCormick (1) ASST: None (SH)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

37 shots against Hammond already
1*NZaNH0SFe67HtTxKrPXkAg.png

Last edited:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Can't get rid of the guy if he's not playing - and they really want to get rid of Hammond.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Bournival was getting pounded there. I'd be surprised if there weren't a couple suspensions out of this. Particularly Blunden (I think) who looked like he tried to hit someone with his helmet.

Impressed with how involved Chlapik was in that scrum.

Englund also looked to take a high hit after a shot on net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad