GDT: Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs. Silva

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Hmm. Larkin/Lima was somewhat of a letdown, good fight but still. Looked to be barn burner until Larkin got rocked, made him tentative for a bit and afterwards Lima coasted, was happy to just defend and rely on his power counter punches.

I thought the fight was pretty boring, aside from Lima's knockdown.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Good example why 0-0 guys shouldn't be fighting legit, decent fighters.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Good example why 0-0 guys shouldn't be fighting legit, decent fighters.

Yah, really dumb decision to put a highly touted prospect against an 8--2 vet. Should've been a can in there, or at least another debuting fighter.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yah, really dumb decision to put a highly touted prospect against an 8--2 vet. Should've been a can in there, or at least another debuting fighter.

There was really no need for it either. Bellator undercards are filled with cans, should have been easy to make that fight.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The towel should've been thrown in after the 2nd time the ankle rolled. At that point you knew something was wrong

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Oh man... I know that was accidental, but that corner man taking away the fighter's chair made me laugh my ass off :laugh:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
**** that was hard to watch. Gotta feel for Chandler, he was looking to smash Primus, even on one leg.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Couldn't get in my account to bet for some reason lol. The odds were silly.

Anyone who watched the Fabio Maldonado fight could see this coming. But nobody really saw that fight, so odds were around a pickem unless you locked it in by KO.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Fedor needs to hang them.

It's good to hear Goldberg again, and I enjoy Ranallo's commentating. I wish Bellator becomes a true competitor to the UFC.

Goes to show its better to put on a good PPV every few months than flooding the market with junk every month.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Love that he gave a shoutout to Hague's family.

Seen the link on twitter and hopped in to see where the gofundme was at, looked like HUNDREDS of donations in the past 5 minutes, awesome stuff by Mitrione to use the spotlight for something good.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Goes to show its better to put on a good PPV every few months than flooding the market with junk every month.

The quality of fighting here isn't good. It's horrible, and it's a trainwreck, but one I've enjoyed watching.

Birko19

Aug 13, 2002
Hamilton, Ont
Visit site

I don't think the UFC is flooding the market, their roster is big and they can pull it off. If they held an event every few months, many fighters will complain about not getting a fight.

I don't know, I just find the Bellator format somewhat refreshing, the way it's set up, fighter entrances, the commentators, it's all pretty cool. I just wish they had a roster that could compete with the UFC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad