m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Love this card.

Oh and Mitrione is going to TKO Fedor.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think Lima/Larkin is the best fight on this card and I'll always watch a Fedor fight. There's a lot of hype around this Pico kid as well so I want to see how he looks.

What are we guessing for a PPV buyrate? 90k?

I think they'll do somewhere in the 100k-120k range.

kurt

the last emperor
Sep 11, 2004
Victoria
A couple excellent fights on the Spike prelims - fantastic showing from Bellator. Kudos to Coker & the gang.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Bellator set this up perfectly. They used the big name/spectacle fights to showcase some of their talent in the preceding fights. If this does well I could see Bellator continuing to narrow the gap with the UFC, particularly if Conor doesn't return.

Chael is around -170, Davis -120, and Mitrione around -120. You still feel like it's special watching Fedor fight, but after the bout with Maldonado, if he gets finished in this one I think it's probably time to call it a career.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Lima/Larkin is a great fight and really looking forward to seeing Aaron Pico. Guy looks like a superstar in the making both in and outside of the cage.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Have the Spike card PVR'd so I'll fast forward through that when I get home from work. Definitely ordering the PPV. Hope they can exceed 100k buys.

Only downside to this card is there might be a title fight drought after the fact, given their three biggest belts are on the line tonight. Hopefully whoever wins the Welterweight fight can be ready to go in the fall vs Rory.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Anyone know if the Chael/Wanderlei fight is 3 or 5 rounds? I'm assuming 3 as I don't think Bellator does the "all main event fights are 5 rounds" thing.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Anyone know if the Chael/Wanderlei fight is 3 or 5 rounds? I'm assuming 3 as I don't think Bellator does the "all main event fights are 5 rounds" thing.

You assumed correct. Shame Bellator doesn't move to 5-round main events, but I don't see this fight going past the 2nd round anyway. Either by someone getting KO'd or both of them gassing out and being declared a no-contest. :laugh:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
You assumed correct. Shame Bellator doesn't move to 5-round main events, but I don't see this fight going past the 2nd round anyway. Either by someone getting KO'd or both of them gassing out and being declared a no-contest. :laugh:

Disagree with some of their main events.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
This is a pretty impressive card.

I like how they actually introduced Mitrione at the weigh-in as Matt "Meathead" Mitrione :laugh:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I've now watched Ryan Bader and Phil Davis fight each other for 40 minutes. I have no idea who is the better striker, better wrestler, or really who won either fight.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Exactly like their first fight, a stalemate. I had Bader winning narrowly, but it was terrible to watch.

Good to hear him again though. Makes this Bellator broadcast feel familiar and not so offbrand-ish

The UFC never should have let him go. He isn't as knowledgeable as guys like Stann and Cruz, but he brings excitement to the broadcast with his style.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I swear is it just me or is Jimmy Smith always bias against UFC fighters making their Bellator debuts?

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Hmm. Larkin/Lima was somewhat of a letdown, good fight but still. Looked to be barn burner until Larkin got rocked, made him tentative for a bit and afterwards Lima coasted, was happy to just defend and rely on his power counter punches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad