GDT: Belarus - Denmark

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
My humble contribution to the subforum, a GDT for a game already 3/4 of the way over. I think there are some implications for several other teams though so worth them following?

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Awesome period for Danes... Feel bad for Belarus.

Slovakia will have a handful!

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
So will the Czechs for.that matter but they are not our next opponent... One team at a time.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Never saw a game thread created in the third period before :laugh:

Second period was the worst I have seen Denmark play in a long time. Third period was much better and if we can continue that energy level in the next two matches I like our chances against both Slovakia and the Czechs. But lets see.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Never saw a game thread created in the third period before :laugh:

Second period was the worst I have seen Denmark play in a long time. Third period was much better and if we can continue that energy level in the next two matches I like our chances against both Slovakia and the Czechs. But lets see.

Congrats on the win!

(also congrats to me for betting on Denmark to win this!)

I really like the work Denmark has put in to push their player development forward, obviously taking advantage of the system in place in Sweden.

The more hockey countries the better!

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Why is Sweden closer to a QF because Denmark won? We have more points than Belarus would have had if they won the game.

Because if Sweden wins againts Slovakia they will need only 1 point from Russia.
BUT, from the sport news today, the commenter mentioned that they're skeptical about the game vs Slovakia, because todays effort game vs GB still wasn't enough.

Uncle Rotter

May 11, 2010
Kelowna, B.C.
Because if Sweden wins againts Slovakia they will need only 1 point from Russia.
Going into the final day:
If Sweden has 10 points, Russia will have 11 to 14 (playing Belarus), Swiss will have 9 to 15 (playing GBR).
If Danes have 14 points, Slovaks will have 9 and be playing the Czechs, who will have 5 to 8.
If Danes have 13 points, Slovaks will have 9 or 10 and be playing the Czechs, who will have 5 to 9.
If Danes have 12 points, Slovaks will have 9 to 11 and be playing the Czechs, who will have 5 to 10.
If Danes have 11 points, Slovaks will have 9 to 12 and be playing the Czechs, who will have 5 to 11.
If Danes have 10 points, Slovaks will have 10 to 12 and be playing the Czechs, who will have 6 to 11.
If Danes have 9 points, Slovaks will have 11 or 12 and be playing the Czechs, who will have 7 to 11.
If Danes have 8 points, Slovaks will have 12 and be playing the Czechs, who will have 8 to 11.

Reactions: canswetoxic

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
BUT, from the sport news today, the commenter mentioned that they're skeptical about the game vs Slovakia, because todays effort game vs GB still wasn't enough.

I think Denmark getting 3pts was actually the worst possible outcome for Sweden, because it almost put Denmark out of reach, since we probably need Denmark to get 3pts out of Slovakia and that would give Denmark 11pts. I think it is almost impossible for Sweden to make the QF without taking 6 pts vs Slovakia and Russia, we are pretty much done all but mathematically.

Reactions: canswetoxic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad