Beginner skates

Casework

Dec 15, 2006
Columbus, OH
cbjcannon.blogspot.com
I need some suggestions. My price range is around $150, $200 max, and buying used is definitely an option. I've ice skated a few times and used to rollerblade on occasion, if that makes any difference. Right now I'm just looking to start skating over the spring, summer, and fall, and in the winter hopefully I'll be ready to turn some of my focus to hockey.

Thanks for the help!

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Don't go used. I'd try to find some skates from last year or something on closeout...and now's a good time since new stuff for 07 should be rolling in here soon. I notice your in Columbus, go to one of the Hockey Stop locations around town and try some one. I know they have some decent selection, and should be on sale right now as I said...but trying it on and buying something that fits best will make your experience much more enjoyable.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Buy what fits best and is in your price range. Each model will fit a bit differently and pick the one which matches your foot the best. Get the sales people to help and try on as many models as possible.

Casework

Dec 15, 2006
Columbus, OH
cbjcannon.blogspot.com
Thanks for that. I forgot to add, I definitely plan on going and trying some skates on before I buy anything, and if nothing else, I'm interested to find out what brands people tend to prefer. There may be something out there I wouldn't initially be interested in, so I just want to see what you guys think.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Try them all as brands fit differently as well as model to model between brands...but to rattle off a few, Nike, Bauer, NikeBauer, CCM, Mission, Easton, Rbk, Graf.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Thanks for that. I forgot to add, I definitely plan on going and trying some skates on before I buy anything, and if nothing else, I'm interested to find out what brands people tend to prefer. There may be something out there I wouldn't initially be interested in, so I just want to see what you guys think.
It's probably best to go in with an open mind. Graf makes nice skates and they have different models for different foot types. The other brands will not offer that variety, but if a certain model fits your foot go with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->