Bears at Nationals

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
Not bad for a crap team. I'm sure Drivesaitl will call it a timing post but this team is very good and young, and fully deserved this championship. They could be adding to their 16th national titles very soon. Their 16 championships are four more than all of the other tournament teams combined. They'll be the stars on campus when they get back. Oilers fans who didn't watch these games missed something special. Great way to cap a 31-4-1 season including the regular season, playoffs and this tournament. My boy, former Oil King Stephane Legault, took the MVP trophy.

Reactions: abootzky

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Not to take away from their moment because they fully deserve it, but it feels a bit awkward as the players take their turns hoisting the cup and give it a hoot 'n holler, in a building that's 90% empty.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Not to take away from their moment because they fully deserve it, but it feels a bit awkward as the players take their turns hoisting the cup and give it a hoot 'n holler, in a building that's 90% empty.

Who cares?

They’re CIS Champs (or USports as it’s called now) and deserve to be happy about it.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
Who cares?

They’re CIS Champs (or USports as it’s called now) and deserve to be happy about it.

Where did I say they didn't deserve to be happy? I clearly stated they deserved their moment.

I just said it was awkward for me to watch given how the stands looked. Don't jump down my throat about it.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

TB12

Apr 5, 2015
When did they start wearing these retro looking jerseys?
They brought those jerseys in a few years back. They have a bunch of different jerseys. "Bears" written down the middle (like the Rangers), "Alberta: down the middle, the GUBA head jersey and the circle logo they wore today.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Kudos to the Bears. Based on the two first periods yesterday I thought they were going out for sure. The Huskies really got close to shutting out the Bears and only half a dozen PP's in a row got the bears into the game yesterday.

But today thigns were reversed and the Bears were the far better team and having to beat the joke officiating and SFX. Really felt the Bears were getting jobbed with the calls. They were shorthanded 5 on 3 two times in 2nd period and killed penalties for around 7mins in a row in that period preventing from what would have been the Bears taking easy command of this one.

Then with 3 minutes left another phantom call. SFX trying to milk calls all over the ice. Bears were far better and deserved to win. Not sure how this SFX squad defeated UNB. The Huskies were a much harder opponent.

Still don't know why Atlantic Canada pretty much has a monopoly on CIS finals. Its frustrating as theres always biased officiating every year, every sport.

abootzky

Jun 15, 2007
Win or lose (and they win a lot!) the Golden Bears hockey program are more than just a hidden treasure who a handful of smart fans appreciate, they are a perennial source of pride for our city. Congrats to them on winning their 16th national championship.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Stephane Legault was the tournament MVP. - another former Oil King.
The U of A really benefits from being an attractive spot for WHL alums to take their education. Really cool to recognize so many names on the championship roster from their junior days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad